What's new

Pre-Order Attack of the 50 Foot Woman (1958) (Warner Archive Collection) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
61XTEkFi+GL._SL1000_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Terrific in Zombies Of Mora-Tau, The Undead, The Hypnotic Eye, The Disembodied and in this one too.
I thought this was already released on BD? My Bad!!!

Attachments

• nancy-archer-258029-normal.jpg
    nancy-archer-258029-normal.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 56

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Another in this genre, not yet given the BD restoration is the Amazing Collosal Man 1957. The sequal was done rather nicely by Shout factory. I'd love to see WAC do a 2fer 4k resortation of BOTH ACM & War of the Collosal Beast BD!!!
Intresting that in Collosal Beast he looks more like the version in The Cyclopes that same year 1957.

Attachments

• MV5BNTgwZDA1MjMtOWE5Zi00OGQyLTkzNTEtZjdmYWViMDAyZDk1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQzNDI3NzY@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BNTgwZDA1MjMtOWE5Zi00OGQyLTkzNTEtZjdmYWViMDAyZDk1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQzNDI3NzY@._V1_.jpg
    959.3 KB · Views: 25
  • MV5BMDA2NzUzYTQtODQ0ZC00MDYzLTgyZTUtOTk5N2MzNDk2NDEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQzNDI3NzY@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BMDA2NzUzYTQtODQ0ZC00MDYzLTgyZTUtOTk5N2MzNDk2NDEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQzNDI3NzY@._V1_.jpg
    888.3 KB · Views: 35

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Another in this genre, not yet given the BD restoration is the Amazing Collosal Man 1957. The sequal was done rather nicely by Shout factory. I'd love to see WAC do a 2fer 4k resortation of BOTH ACM & War of the Collosal Beast BD!!!
Intresting that in Collosal Beast he looks more like the version in The Cyclopes that same year 1957.
I would also love a Blu-ray of The Amazing Colossal Man. Sadly, the rights to this film belong to Susan Hart, along with several other AIP films. She spurred any offers to have them released.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
From Wikipedia:

“Hart now owns the rights to 11 movies made by her late husband's company: It Conquered the World (1956) and its 1966 remake Zontar, The Thing from Venus, Invasion of the Saucer Men (1957) and its 1965 remake The Eye Creatures, I Was a Teenage Frankenstein (1957), I Was a Teenage Werewolf (1957), The Amazing Colossal Man (1957), Terror from the Year 5000 (1958), Apache Woman (1955), The Oklahoma Woman (1956) and Naked Paradise (1957).”

The Undead is not hers. A DVD was released in Europe under the banner of the Arkoff Film Collection. It was released on DVD by a company named Rouge Video. I remember seeing the DVD in Tower Video, but never picked it up.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
From Wikipedia:

“Hart now owns the rights to 11 movies made by her late husband's company: It Conquered the World (1956) and its 1966 remake Zontar, The Thing from Venus, Invasion of the Saucer Men (1957) and its 1965 remake The Eye Creatures, I Was a Teenage Frankenstein (1957), I Was a Teenage Werewolf (1957), The Amazing Colossal Man (1957), Terror from the Year 5000 (1958), Apache Woman (1955), The Oklahoma Woman (1956) and Naked Paradise (1957).”

The Undead is not hers. A DVD was released in Europe under the banner of the Arkoff Film Collection. It was released on DVD by a company named Rouge Video. I remember seeing the DVD in Tower Video, but never picked it up.
So, her logic is to never make a cent on any of her husbands films, as the film elements quickly turn to a heep of celuloid pumis? While inferior copies are all over the world, being broadcast 24/7..? It seems everyone but Susan Hart are making money on his films one way or the other, right? Now that's what I call truly a noble calling ;)

Henry Gondorff

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
From Wikipedia:

The Undead is a particular favorite of mine, a rather light-hearted Faustian tale of antiquity and time travel, quite different from its misleading poster art. Allison is red hot as a medieval witch and it features another entertaining character performance by the underrated Mel Welles. I'd love a good BD of this.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
From Wikipedia:

Thanks for the info.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
From Wikipedia:

Yep. I want to say all but two or three of the MST3K episodes that have not been released to DVD (and have never streamed) are directly tied to her.

As for this news, I certainly didn't expect it after it's been so long since the DVD was released. I don't think I'll buy it right off the bat, but I'll definitely keep an upgrade in mind next time there's a sale of some kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks