What's new

Pre-Order The Night of the Iguana (1964) (Warner Archive Collection) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
But, please allow me to interrupt the artwork discussion with an intrusive comment about the movie inside the case...:rolleyes:

If you like exotic locales (in this case, a steamy, tropical environment with an endless beach and small hostels for visitors surrounded by macaws, lizards and unpleasant insects, this is the movie for you. Saturated with atmosphere, with a moody Benjamin Frankel score and rich black and white cinematography by Gabriel Figueroa (DOP for TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA, KELLY'S HEROES, and a slew of Mexican productions). I like this film a whole, whole lot, for whatever that's worth.

Couldn't care less what the cover art looks like. This is a WAC release...the movie will look just great!

View attachment 159775
Was Deborah Kerr really that short?
I agree. I also enjoy Cyril Delevanti’s performance and his moving rendition of the poem “How Calmly Does the Olive Branch“

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
I wonder if people might loathe a movie but will buy the BD release because they absolutely adore the cover...
Couldn’t tell you José, but I can confirm that I’ve bought discs solely due to the films’ title.

I got Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death based purely on the title. Didn’t everyone?

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I've been waiting for this on blu for what seems forever. Couldn't give a rat's arse about the cover. I'd nab it even if the cover was all black with The Night Of The Iguana in white lettering and nothing else! Hey, I like nice cover art as much as the next guy but ..... really? :lol:

P.S. I love the cover art they're using!
Kind of like The Night Of The Black Album. 😁

Not familiar with this film- I’ll look it up on IMDB.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Based on the title, I'd have thought this was a 50's creature sci-fi film.
The designers of this poster seemed to think it was!

Attachments

• ig.jpg
    ig.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks