What's new

Pre-Order Rebel Without A Cause (1955) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71Gizy9SckL._SL1500_.jpg

• Commentary Douglas L. Rathgeb
  • “James Dean Remembered” (1974 TV special)
  • “Rebel Without a Cause: Defiant Innocents” (featurette)
  • “Dennis Hopper: Memories from the Warner Lot” (featurette)
  • Screen Tests
  • Wardrobe Tests
  • Deleted Scenes

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
I had a feeling this would be coming at some point. I’m just surprised it’s getting the 4K UHD before East of Eden, which is going to be screened at the TCM Festival (unless they’re waiting until after the festival to put out a 4K UHD).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I had a feeling this would be coming at some point. I’m just surprised it’s getting the 4K UHD before East of Eden, which is going to be screened at the TCM Festival (unless they’re waiting until after the festival to put out a 4K UHD).
I'm only surprised because of that TCM screening as Rebel Without a Cause is a more popular movie.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I'm only surprised because of that TCM screening as Rebel Without a Cause is a more popular movie.
Certainly more popular, but East of Eden is the superior film in terms of quality. That noted, the source probably could have been better adapted as a six-part limited mini-series.

But streaming wouldn’t be invented for another few years.

Rebel probably works better within its limited time frame.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
That cover does not mention a digital code. Hopefully that's not the case, as I was hoping for a 4K upgrade of my iTunes version.
As of late, SDS releases in Canada have not included digital copies; my last 5 4K SDS purchases [Elvis, Poltergeist, The Lost Boys, Nope and Halloween Ends] were strictly 4K + Blu-ray. Looks like it's extending to the US, likely a decision from the powers that be at Warner Bros. Discovery and in line with pulling HBO Max exclusives and licencing them out to get "money left on the table."

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Another WB title. Not certain what the point of this is.

What the point of what is?
Yeah, I’m not following what RAH is saying either. Warner was founded in 1923 and is celebrating its 100th anniversary and they are picking WB titles to do that. If they were picking MGM titles it wouldn’t make sense because MGM was founded in 1924.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Yeah, I’m not following what RAH is saying either. Warner was founded in 1923 and is celebrating its 100th anniversary and they are picking WB titles to do that. If they were picking MGM titles it wouldn’t make sense because MGM was founded in 1924.
You’re missing the point. There isn’t 4K of resolution in a CinemaScope film from 1955, and HDR is unlikely to reveal anything new contrast or colourwise from an Eastmancolor element of this vintage.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
You’re missing the point. There isn’t 4K of resolution in a CinemaScope film from 1955, and HDR is unlikely to reveal anything new contrast or colourwise from an Eastmancolor element of this vintage.
What does that have to do with “another WB title”? He made a similar comment in the Maltese Falcon thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks