What's new

Do you get "in character" when watching films? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Do you use props to help set the mood when you watch your favorite films? For example, I'll get out my Turkish 8mm Mauser to hold across my lap when I watch Lawrence of Arabia. I have cointreau, brandy, and whiskey available during Casablanca. I have bottles of water available during Dune. I have my sword out for Henry V. And I have my .357 magnum on hand when I watch hard-boiled detective films like The Maltese Falcon.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I try to have pizza every time I watch the begining of Deep Impact and my wife around every time I watch Nymph.

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
I arrange with the morgue to deliver 7 corpses to my house every time I watch SE7EN.
I hire a perky kid to booby trap my HT area when I watch Home Alone.
I take off my shoes and bust my windows while swinging from a firehouse when I watch Die Hard.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Nice one Dennis.
Ok yeah when I watch my Showgirls dvd ...I'm wearing a thong and writhing suggestively all over the tv, until Sandra pops into the room sees what I'm doing and quickly bashes me over the head with a baseball bat, takes out the dvd and uses it as an ashtray while I lie there unconscience...
When I watch the Godfather I stuff my mouth with orange peel stick a pillow up my jumper and mumble the lines along with Brando...
When I watch Braveheart I wear my best kilt and at the bum waving bit I erm wave my bum at the tv, I'm usually alone in the room when I do this...
Watching Gladiator gives me a chance to wear my favorite floral patterned toga and during the arena scenes I'm wrestling with Sandy on the rug, I get carried away sometimes and try to strangle her, but she usually wins the battle with a forward thrust towards my crotch, and I quickly give up, but Evil Hand doesn't want to give up and continues to grasp at her face and neck...;)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I'm wearing a thong and writhing suggestively all over the tv...
Thanks for that disturbing mental picture, Steve. Mind you, if you were 20 years younger and not clinically insane, I might be turned on. :D
Seriously, though, I can't say I do much getting into character....
I do smoke like a chimney whenever I'm watching Bogie movies.
After Episode I, I annoyed all my friends by trying to impersonate Ewan MacGregor's impersonation of Alec Guiness. "Not even Master Yoda has a midichlorian count that high!" :laugh:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hey blame Dennis for starting a thread where I can go nuts in.:D
Come on Rain, I'm only 22, gorgeous and of sound mind (whatever that is), ask my nurse.;)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I have an urge to dress up like a woman...
I'm sure your mom would be very proud.
Hey, I know a bar where you can get free drinks for doing that (and no I haven't, thank you very much). Let me know when you're 19. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Plus, you're covered if Rini Bell turns out to be a lesbian. :laugh:
Damn, I think I'm catching Christouitis. :D

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Dennis - Ignore these unappreciative heathens! I think you're a genius (or at least have got a nifty idea).
I'd never thought about that before, but a themed movie presentation party could be fun. I'll have to try that out.
:)

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Yep, Terminator or T-2, always wreaks havoc in my HT, it's getting expensive buying a new TV everytime I blow it away with my Shotgun!

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I make sure to wear my white jumpsuit with the explosive bloodbags sewn in when I watch my copies of John Woo's Hard Boiled and The Killer.
It is very therapeutic and relaxing twhen the bags go off...aahhhh....just like having a personal uzi-toting masseuse in the house. :emoji_thumbsup:
Oh, I used to have white doves fluttering about, but cleaning the fake blood off of them when my bags go off just got too tedious!

Brad_W

Screenwriter
my bags go off
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I'd never thought about that before, but a themed movie presentation party could be fun.
I've done this with the DVD of the recent Dune miniseries. We had a tub full of ice and bottles of water plus lots of "spice" themed appetizers. Also I've served all the drinks ordered in Casablanca to party watching that film.
Somehow this thread isn't turning out to be a serious discussion...... :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks