What's new

Disney+ Disney+ Streaming Service (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
From all the web research I have done (all in 10 minutes) there still doesn't seem to be a definitive answer as to whether Disney will censor Hamilton.

This is the best answer I could find for the moment...

The release on Disney+ will be PG-13, meaning it’s technically allowed to have one F-bomb. Miranda was asked about it at the most recent Oscars and said:

“If we have to mute a word here or there to reach the largest audience possible, I'm OK with that, because your kids already have the original language memorized. I don't think we're depriving anyone of anything if we mute an F-bomb here or there to make our rating.”

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Disney is annoying me with the Cigarette or Tobacco Warnings. If something is that bad, Put it on Hulu

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I hadn't noticed them on the last 3 Star Wars Skywalker Blu. I'll look. I also have a number of Disney DVDs and I have never seen them. Mostly older movies

As a follow up...I popped the BD which came with the UHD of Aladdin (OG Edition) into the player. The first menu is for language. The first "preview" is the anti-smoking piece. I didn't see it on the UHD, though.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I was wondering if Disney+ would reach their promised deadline of May, 2020 for this. It took me a bit to figure out how to view the episodes in the original aspect ratio -- there is a switch in the "Details" tab when you view the entire Simpsons series. Change that switch, and all episodes should now play back in the OAR.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
I'm really happy that they managed to do it in time. And I actually think that the "slider toggle" is a very neat and stylish way to have it both ways. Now I can finally watch the show, been delaying it because of this issue.

If only they could give the Disney Afternoon shows that they so handsomely "updated" the same treatment...

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
This is a triumph. Noting here, huge success.

Disney stock rises as analyst predicts Disney+ could have 130 million subscribers by 2024. My math skills (and calculator app) tells me that's close to $1 billion in revenue per month just from the service...

https://deadline.com/2019/06/disney...-analyst-boosts-streaming-outlook-1202632071/

I'm already prepared for 5 years of HTF people bitching about the death of physical media. You think the 3D whiners are bad? The never streamers are gonna be way worse.

Movies like Onward, Maleficent, and the upcoming Hamilton are making Disney+ a good entertainment value. Disney+ has already zoomed past 50 million subscribers....

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
does anyone know if HAMILTON is going to be edited for language?

Disney hasn't said anything officially, but Lin-Manuel Miranda already indicated that he wouldn't be opposed to that when he sold it to them. There is already a "clean" version of the cast album, so I assume it will probably match that. Especially since they are putting the Disney castle logo in front of it, I don't think there's any chance that we will hear the word "motherfucker" in it. But I also think the language in the show is minor enough that removing it will not change the essence of the piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks