What's new

Disney anthology series: How to go about with a DVD release? (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I was wondering something, since Disney has delved into the TV-on-DVD game with season sets of certain shows (though a rumor of "best-of" discs for Home Improvement worries me). A few episodes of the Walt Disney anthology series (commonly known as "The Wonderful World of Disney") have already trickled onto DVD.

This makes me wonder, if Disney were more serious about releasing this show onto DVD, how would they do it? Season sets? Maybe, were it not for the fact that there are 34 seasons! There's also the fact that many "episodes" were theatrical movies divided into two one-hour segments or compilations of theatrical short cartoons, which would be irrelevant to release in that form. Of the episodes that ARE all or most all new material, how would they be sorted? This is one instance in which an alternative to season sets may, sadly, be the only option.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I've been happy with the releases so far. I'm looking forward to DR SYN ALIAS THE SCARECROW (is that correct?) starring Patrick McGoohan, one of the best TV actors in my humble opinion. Also I'd love to see any and all Ludwig Von Drake material and Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land. (I believe these items originated on the TV show.)

Because of the variety and sheer volume of material, I think the themed sets they've been releasing work well.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I second the vote for their current sets. I'd like to see movie based intros on the theatrical disks, (IE: the Disneyland 20000 leagues special has to be included on the Vault Disney release of 20000 Leagues). I'd like a disney treasure set featuring educational matterial (like Mathamatic Land).

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
A great possibility for an upcoming WTD release would be incorporating the nature mini-movies such as "The Hound That Thought He Was A Raccoon", "A Country Coyote Goes Hollywood" and "It's Tough To Be A Bird" (that last one's a must-have!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks