What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I vaguely remember liking that show as a teenager as well... but good thing I never get drunk... well, at least not nearly enough anyway do anything like that, LOL... though my wife might beg to differ... BUT just $10 for the entire series on Vudu? Hmmm... ;):laugh::laugh::laugh:

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I always hate that show both on it’s own and on the CBs
Was the dumbest of dumb

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Not a sale deal per se, but apparently, you can now get Belfast 4K direct from Universal's rewards program/portal for just 1K reward points -- they give you a Movies Anywhere redemption code for it. I don't keep track of my Universal rewards, but even though I haven't proactively done much of anything w/ their rewards program (beyond my initial joining period), I apparently accumulated over 11K points available, and Belfast 4K is a no-brainer for just 1K points.

Just checked my points history over there, and I've somehow apparently been earning 500 bonus points pretty regularly (like a few times per month) throughout most of the 2nd half of 2021. They don't make clear, but I'm guessing I was getting 500 points for each Universal digital I purchased -- don't recall redeeming any codes from disc purchases during most of that time. Point is most of y'all may also have accumulated plenty of Universal rewards points for such a seemingly very affordable redemption. Yes, you do need to have your Universal Rewards account linked to Movies Anywhere for this to work well/easiest though...

Enjoy!

_Man_

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Not a sale deal per se, but apparently, you can now get Belfast 4K direct from Universal's rewards program/portal for just 1K reward points -- they give you a Movies Anywhere redemption code for it. I don't keep track of my Universal rewards, but even though I haven't proactively done much of anything w/ their rewards program (beyond my initial joining period), I apparently accumulated over 11K points available, and Belfast 4K is a no-brainer for just 1K points.

Just checked my points history over there, and I've somehow apparently been earning 500 bonus points pretty regularly (like a few times per month) throughout most of the 2nd half of 2021. They don't make clear, but I'm guessing I was getting 500 points for each Universal digital I purchased -- don't recall redeeming any codes from disc purchases during most of that time. Point is most of y'all may also have accumulated plenty of Universal rewards points for such a seemingly very affordable redemption. Yes, you do need to have your Universal Rewards account linked to Movies Anywhere for this to work well though...

Enjoy!

_Man_
If you connected your Universal Rewards account to Movies Anywhere, most purchases of Universal films from MA retailers will give you points (usually 500 per movie). But you must connect your accounts prior to purchasing to get points.

Both Sony and Disney also do this.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Complete friends series is $10 at Microsoft’s store but I have no idea how you watch it.

That's a great deal for those interested.

Microsoft is movies anywhere compatible. I bought a couple of movies from them recently at $4.99 and they showed up in my VUDU library so I could watch them on my TV through Roku or LG-OS.
I think you can watch on XBOX and the Microsoft Movies app on Windows 10 (?). Friends is not Movies Anywhere eligible, as it is a TV series.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Some Marilyn Monroe films (seven year itch, gentlemen prefer blondes, All About Eve) are rental only on iTunes now.

I purchased seven year itch on iTunes last year.

Also the 11 MM film collection is no longer available. I was never able to catch it on sale….

Hmm…

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Planet of the Apes looks like it’s been rental only for a few weeks now.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
All Fox titles….
Obviously not all Fox titles, but a lot of high-profile ones like The Sound of Music, Patton, and MASH. What the heck? Is Disney planning to eventually abandon all future digital ownership to force people into subscription service? :(

Or maybe there’s a better reason. I’ve noticed that all the titles that are now rental-only are not 4K. Maybe these are titles they are planning to upgrade to 4K and decided to suspend sales until they upgrade. :confused:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks