What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (5 Viewers)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
"Game of Thrones" Complete Series 4K on Vudu via FanFlix for $49.99. Four days only:
https://fanflix.co/c/1i5m0fx6rp7tg-game-of-thrones-complete-series-sale

They had them on sale recently as a $4.99 upgrade if you owned them
In HD. This is a good deal too.
For the record, both iTunes (HD only) and Vudu have dropped the price to $49.99 so you don’t even need the Fanflix code now. However I have a question, do the Vudu 4K versions have HDR and Atmos like HBOMax does, or are they 4K SDR 5.1?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
They had them on sale recently as a $4.99 upgrade if you owned them
In HD. This is a good deal too.
I do wish they would offer that deal again. I was only able to upgrade Seasons 1-5 on Vudu -- it would not let me do Seasons 6 & 7, even though I own the HDX versions there. I have Season 8 on iTunes.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Obviously not all Fox titles, but a lot of high-profile ones like The Sound of Music, Patton, and MASH. What the heck? Is Disney planning to eventually abandon all future digital ownership to force people into subscription service? :(

Or maybe there’s a better reason. I’ve noticed that all the titles that are now rental-only are not 4K. Maybe these are titles they are planning to upgrade to 4K and decided to suspend sales until they upgrade. :confused:
Agreed. Great questions. I guess I may buy some more Marilyn films if they are going to disappear digitally….

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Obviously not all Fox titles, but a lot of high-profile ones like The Sound of Music, Patton, and MASH. What the heck? Is Disney planning to eventually abandon all future digital ownership to force people into subscription service? :(

Or maybe there’s a better reason. I’ve noticed that all the titles that are now rental-only are not 4K. Maybe these are titles they are planning to upgrade to 4K and decided to suspend sales until they upgrade. :confused:
Must be an ITunes thing, because all of these titles are still available for purchase on Vudu.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Must be an ITunes thing, because all of these titles are still available for purchase on Vudu.

Probably Disney trying to keep people from getting (more) free 4K upgrades going forward. They apparently have a history of budding heads w/ that free upgrade policy of Apple's (that Apple's apparently also been quietly, gradually walking back to some extent)...

Too bad I didn't get around to pick up a couple of those titles in recent sales before they got yanked... Of course, if they really want to stop the free upgrades, there are other (arguably more controversial, probably more difficult to manage) ways, eg. what Warner seemed to attempt the past year or so and might still be experimenting...

_Man_

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
For the record, both iTunes (HD only) and Vudu have dropped the price to $49.99 so you don’t even need the Fanflix code now. However I have a question, do the Vudu 4K versions have HDR and Atmos like HBOMax does, or are they 4K SDR 5.1?
Vudu is completely vague about it. This is what they show for each season set on their website:

GOT.jpg

The only ones who may know are those who purchased the series when the 4K upgrades were on sale a few months ago.

Tino

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
They are 4K/HDR/Atmos

Just checked

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Probably Disney trying to keep people from getting (more) free 4K upgrades going forward. They apparently have a history of budding heads w/ that free upgrade policy of Apple's (that Apple's apparently also been quietly, gradually walking back to some extent)...

Too bad I didn't get around to pick up a couple of those titles in recent sales before they got yanked... Of course, if they really want to stop the free upgrades, there are other (arguably more controversial, probably more difficult to manage) ways, eg. what Warner seemed to attempt the past year or so and might still be experimenting...

_Man_
Disney is a real puzzle with the fox catalog and not releasing any further 4k discs for those films.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Have no idea where you are getting that, as Heat arrives on 4K disc next week.
I know what he's getting at, as Disney hasn't exactly opened the vaults to those Fox titles. Sure, a few of them have been coming out on 4K, but not nearly enough for my satisfaction. Frankly, the same with Disney's own catalog titles.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I know what he's getting at, as Disney hasn't exactly opened the vaults to those Fox titles. Sure, a few of them have been coming out on 4K, but not nearly enough for my satisfaction. Frankly, the same with Disney's own catalog titles.
Is it known how many fox films in 4K Disney is sitting on at this point?

I stand corrected on my post as Heat is being released soon.

How many fox titles have come to 4k UHd disc this year?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

_Man_

On the positive side, as @Mark-P wondered, maybe this means Disney plans to put out more 4K digitals of catalog titles for sale... Wonder though if they'll stipulate that iTunes/Vudu/etc keep them from dropping down to the $5 bargain price (like seems the case w/ nearly all Disney 4K digitals that weren't from Fox... although there really hadn't been much non-Fox Disney in 4K beyond their animated/Pixar/MCU titles... at least on iTunes anyway).

_Man_

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc

I'm glad I previously purchased co many FOX titles. I noticed BREAKING AWAY was for rental only on iTunes . Luckily I have my purchased HD version.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm glad I previously purchased co many FOX titles. I noticed BREAKING AWAY was for rental only on iTunes . Luckily I have my purchased HD version.
It's available digitally in HD from everyone BUT iTunes and Microsoft, it seems:

1659978673820.png

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I do wish they would offer that deal again. I was only able to upgrade Seasons 1-5 on Vudu -- it would not let me do Seasons 6 & 7, even though I own the HDX versions there. I have Season 8 on iTunes.
Updated deal allows season purchases for $9.99 each:

Not as good as the $4.99 upgrade deal a while back, but if you have 1 or 2 seasons that didn't qualify for whatever reason, it's a cheaper way to upgrade just those.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Updated deal allows season purchases for $9.99 each:

Not as good as the $4.99 upgrade deal a while back, but if you have 1 or 2 seasons that didn't qualify for whatever reason, it's a cheaper way to upgrade just those.

I just checked, and you can also now buy the UHD versions directly on Vudu for $9.99 each, which is what I did for Seasons 6-8, which I only had in HDX. Thanks for posting this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RinehartMateschitz
Recent bookmarks