What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (3 Viewers)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
It Happened One Night 4K $4.99 iTunes

Two For The Road HD $4.99 iTunes

Nice double feature

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Reservoir Dogs is $4.99 on iTunes. It's coming out on UHD disc, so this would be an inexpensive gamble on getting a 4K upgrade. I took the gamble.

Also, picked up Son of Dracula at $4.99.

Last edited:

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I've been slowly collecting the Universal Monster 4Ks digitally. Vudu has Frankenstein this week for $4.99

I picked up Dracula at that price 2 weeks ago and the Wolfman a couple of months ago. I hope the Invisible Man drops to this price before October.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I've been slowly collecting the Universal Monster 4Ks digitally. Vudu has Frankenstein this week for $4.99

I picked up Dracula at that price 2 weeks ago and the Wolfman a couple of months ago. I hope the Invisible Man drops to this price before October.
If you haven't already, connect your Movies Anywhere account to Universal All Access rewards program. You'll quickly rack up points you can use to redeem free digital movies from Universal.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Thanks for the reminder, Todd. I always forget about that program...and I have close to 10k points right now.
You have about two weeks left to redeem points for these movies:

Beautiful Creatures (2000)
Fast & Furious 6 (4K)
Fast & Furious 6 (Extended) (4K)
Mr. Baseball
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Parenthood
Dallas Buyers Club
Belfast (4K)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
The Big Bang Theory complete series on sale at iTunes for $49.99

Anyone knows if it's presented in separate seasons (for easier access) or just in 1 big collection of episodes (like some/many of iTunes' complete series sets) that can make it a pain to skip around (or if the AppleTV/iTunes app loses your place for whatever reason)?

And are there any extra features at all?

Hmmm... looks like Vudu matched that sale price (or maybe vice versa). I may just get it from Vudu instead as they definitely have them broken out into separate seasons (and have rarely used, but oft available, discounted GCs for them) -- and most of my TV series digitals have been on Vudu...

_Man_

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Anyone knows if it's presented in separate seasons (for easier access) or just in 1 big collection of episodes (like some/many of iTunes' complete series sets) that can make it a pain to skip around (or if the AppleTV/iTunes app loses your place for whatever reason)?

Hmmm... looks like Vudu matched that sale price (or maybe vice versa). I may just get it from Vudu instead as they definitely have them broken out into separate seasons (and have rarely used, but oft available, discounted GCs for them) -- and most of my TV series digitals have been on Vudu...

_Man_

In my experience, if you watch a an iTunes series via an Apple TV device, it will separate the seasons as Robert says. However, when I watched the last two seasons of Alias, I watched them via the Apple TV+ app on Roku rather than my Apple TV player (which was in another room) and they were not broken out into separate seasons. It was like it was one season full of episodes.

After watching an episode or two, If I did not watch anything else with the app, it would have the next episode available to watch the next time I opened the app. But if I had streamed something else, it would no longer be next in line and I'd have to find the episode by skipping past the earlier seasons. At least the episodes were in order. So, if it is Roku, I would go with the Vudu version. YMMV.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
In my experience, if you watch a an iTunes series via an Apple TV device, it will separate the seasons as Robert says. However, when I watched the last two seasons of Alias, I watched them via the Apple TV+ app on Roku rather than my Apple TV player (which was in another room) and they were not broken out into separate seasons. It was like it was one season full of episodes.

After watching an episode or two, If I did not watch anything else with the app, it would have the next episode available to watch the next time I opened the app. But if I had streamed something else, it would no longer be next in line and I'd have to find the episode by skipping past the earlier seasons. At least the episodes were in order. So, if it is Roku, I would go with the Vudu version. YMMV.

Actually, I might more frequently revisit a show of this type on my PC instead these days. IF what I'm seeing via the Windoze iTunes program for this set at the iTunes Store will be how it's presented (as 1 big collection, not broken into separate, easily accessible seasons), then that will be a pain and quite annoying -- and I'm not sure if the iTunes program does much of any tracking for continuing viewing of a series either while being a rather heavy, fairly clunky program for such use.

There's no other way to watch iTunes content on a PC (other than via the iTunes program), right?

I tried their AppleTV site, but that doesn't seem to allow access to one's iTunes library.

_Man_

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

_Man_
I bought this series two years ago for the same $49.99 sale price. It shows up on both my Apple TV 4K and Roku as a single collection of all the episodes, not as individual seasons. The episodes are listed in order, though. In fact, just checking my ATV4K, if you use the "TV Shows" app, select the "Big Bang Complete Series" that shows up as "purchased", there is an option to select "seasons". Doing that, and then selecting an individual season takes you to a screen that wants you to pay for that season or individual episodes.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Actually, I might more frequently revisit a show of this type on my PC instead these days. IF what I'm seeing via the Windoze iTunes program for this set at the iTunes Store will be how it's presented (as 1 big collection, not broken into separate, easily accessible seasons), then that will be a pain and quite annoying -- and I'm not sure if the iTunes program does much of any tracking for continuing viewing of a series either while being a rather heavy, fairly clunky program for such use.

There's no other way to watch iTunes content on a PC (other than via the iTunes program), right?

I tried their AppleTV site, but that doesn't seem to allow access to one's iTunes library.

_Man_
I do not watch iTunes content on my PC, but via the Roku and ATV4K it does keep track of where you left off, and if using the "ATV" app on the Apple TV 4K box (or through the Roku) the "Watch Next" category always pops up the next episode in sequence. Since I prefer watching the shows in order, this works perfectly for me.

TV shows from a complete series on Vudu are clunkier to watch, IMO, as there is no "watch next" category.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    papill6n
    Recent bookmarks