What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’ve already done those.

They don’t work anymore and the most I think I can get anyway now is 1 month of Music.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I’ve already done those.

They don’t work anymore and the most I think I can get anyway now is 1 month of Music.
For Apple Music, I've cancelled and allowed 2 months to pass before trying again. Last time, I got 5 months with the Best Buy 6-month trial. My Apple TV+ trial that came with my new iPhone from Black Friday ends next month. There has been so little to watch on there, I will probably allow it to end and try again after a few months.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Picked Empire of the Sun $5

Would like to get Dances With Wolves but looks like it only has the theatrical version.
Which is the best version Imo. And the version that won all the Oscars. Can’t wait to get this one in 4K hopefully soon. I do like the extended version by the way but the theatrical is tighter and more powerful I thought. The iTunes version looks and sounds great too.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I know this thread has temporarily been derailed on a tangent, but... wherever this mysterious quote from Costner (which is also included on IMBD) that he had no involvement with the extended cut, I'm guessing it's missing some context like maybe he was saying he wasn't the actual person who decided which scenes to put back into the film that were in his first pass cut of over 5 hours??? I know back when the extended cut first came out he heavily promoted it telling the story of how Orion had imposed a 3 hour mandate on him which is why the film ended up at that length, and he was happy when they were finally able to put back in things he had hated to lose.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I know this thread has temporarily been derailed on a tangent, but... wherever this mysterious quote from Costner (which is also included on IMBD) that he had no involvement with the extended cut, I'm guessing it's missing some context like maybe he was saying he wasn't the actual person who decided which scenes to put back into the film that were in his first pass cut of over 5 hours??? I know back when the extended cut first came out he heavily promoted it telling the story of how Orion had imposed a 3 hour mandate on him which is why the film ended up at that length, and he was happy when they were finally able to put back in things he had hated to lose.
The quote can be found here.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The quote can be found here.

LOL. That same article quotes Costner saying that he doesn't like Westerns! I mean, he certainly praised the extended cut back in the 1990s. If he has now changed his mind and wants that version suppressed, it would explain why it's not available for digital purchase.

Last edited:

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
LOL. That same article quotes Costner saying that he doesn't like Westerns! I mean, he certainly praised the extended cut back in the 1990s. If he has now changed his mind and wants that version suppressed, it would explain why it's not available for digital purchase.
You did ask where it came from. :)

On a personal level, when I produced the expanded album for La-La Land Records I compared the audio for the long version with the theatrical cut. I also looked over all of the music takes. In every case, Barry scored the theatrical cut. All of the music in the long cut is tracked, looped or uses alternate unused versions from the theatrical cut. Now this doesn't necessarily mean much, but it does indicate that the picture was locked when Barry scored it and that there was no great back and forth with the editing.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
You did ask where it came from. :)

On a personal level, when I produced the expanded album for La-La Land Records I compared the audio for the long version with the theatrical cut. I also looked over all of the music takes. In every case, Barry scored the theatrical cut. All of the music in the long cut is tracked, looped or uses alternate unused versions from the theatrical cut. Now this doesn't necessarily mean much, but it does indicate that the picture was locked when Barry scored it and that there was no great back and forth with the editing.
I own three versions of this incredible score and La-La Land’s expanded album is absolutely the best and most loving presentation of that score - which I adore. I saw it just sold out this week, so bravo and thank you!

To not be accused or continuing the off track, I picked up Live Free or Die Hard 4k this week on Vudu. :)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I picked up the 4K / Dolby Vision version of The Mule on iTunes for $4.99. Per Cheap Charts, this is the cheapest it's ever been. It's a blind buy, but my wife and I have wanted to see it ever since the film came out.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Picked up...

Maze Runner 1-3 (4k) $12.99 on iTunes (first two were upgrades, last was a "new" purchase)
Mission to Mars (HD) $4.99
The Aviator (HD) $4.99
Mission Impossible 3 (4k) $9.99
Mission Impossible 4 (4k) $9.99
Flight of the Navigator (HD) $4.99
No Time to Die (4k) $9.99

I coulda dropped more, and I might later this week...but that's a decent haul for now.

EDIT: Forgot the "s" on Mission to Mars

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks