What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Picked up The Rainmaker, Mommie Dearest and the Mamma Mia sequel (4K/DV) for $4.99 each on iTunes. The sequel is a blind buy -- my wife is more a fan of the first film that I am.
But the sequel has Lily James. I mean, c’mon.

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The name wasn't familiar, so I had to look her up. The only film she's been in that I have seen is Baby Driver. That's reason enough to watch the Mamma Mia sequel. ;)
...and on top of it all, she's one hell of a talented singer. The sequel simply has infinitely more talented singers in the cast. The original was a little painful in that aspect, aside from Amanda. In fact, it's the only time I've ever thought Meryl Streep was poorly cast.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
...and on top of it all, she's one hell of a talented singer. The sequel simply has infinitely more talented singers in the cast. The original was a little painful in that aspect, aside from Amanda. In fact, it's the only time I've ever thought Meryl Streep was poorly cast.
Even worse was Pierce Brosnan. Talk about someone who couldn't sing! :wacko:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

I have both on digital as well (for the family), but never actually watched the sequel myself... and didn't know Lily James was in it or could sing either. I mostly only knew her from Downton Abbey (and a couple other movies/shows I never got around to watching, eg. the live-action Cinderella, recent-ish War & Peace, Pride & Prejudice & Zombies). Well, I do also have Baby Driver on BD, but totally forgot she was in it...

_Man_

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The name wasn't familiar, so I had to look her up. The only film she's been in that I have seen is Baby Driver. That's reason enough to watch the Mamma Mia sequel. ;)

I have both on digital as well (for the family), but never actually watched the sequel myself... and didn't know Lily James was in it or could sing either. I mostly only knew her from Downton Abbey (and a couple other movies/shows I never got around to watching, eg. the live-action Cinderella, recent-ish War & Peace, Pride & Prejudice & Zombies). Well, I do also have Baby Driver on BD, but totally forgot she was in it...

_Man_
Here's an example of how talented a singer she is.

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

_Man_
DUDE!! Watch Cinderella. It's freaking awesome. Surprising how good it is, really.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I know some other poster(s) mentioned on the forum in another thread, but I did noticed recently that some of my Disney digital purchases from iTunes or Vudu are earning me Disney Movie Insider points.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I know some other poster(s) mentioned on the forum in another thread, but I did noticed recently that some of my Disney digital purchases from iTunes or Vudu are earning me Disney Movie Insider points.
Universal and Sony purchases should be doing the same on their rewards programs. I’ve even had some of my free redemptions give me points.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Uncharted is missing the Dolby Atmos track on Vudu and Movies Anywhere. Apple TV seems to be the only digital retailer with Dolby Atmos at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim86
Recent bookmarks