What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Silent Running is $5

Ghost Story is $5

The Incredible Shrinking Woman Is $5

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Anybody (like me) who was waiting for a good price on the Pink Panther/Peter Sellers Collection at iTunes, now is your chance! It includes the first 6 PP films for $19.99. That's $3.33 each!

It's not the first 6 but pretty close.

STRIKES AGAIN is missing and it's a much, much better film than TRAIL. In fact, TRAIL is the worst of the series as it was released, I believe, after Sellers' death and only contains a few pieces of cut footage from the other films.

Would have nabbed this if not for the above issue.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Picked up the iTunes bundle of the first two Bill & Ted movies for $9.99. I've seen them both many, many times over the years on cable and VHS, but I don't think I've ever seen either of them in widescreen, much less HD. It will be fun to revisit them before the third one comes out whenever the pandemic permits it.

I'd say I've got my fingers crossed for a 4K upgrade to capitalize on the new movie, but they're MGM titles so I'm not holding my breath.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
It's not the first 6 but pretty close.
I probably should have just said the Sellers’ films because they are all part of the set. The reason I opted to wait for this deal rather than buying the Shout! Factory Blu-ray box, is because I think there’s a pretty good chance of a future free 4K upgrade for at least the first two films.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I probably should have just said the Sellers’ films because they are all part of the set. The reason I opted to wait for this deal rather than buying the Shout! Factory Blu-ray box, is because I think there’s a pretty good chance of a future free 4K upgrade for at least the first two films.
Just being curious why do you think that Mark?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Thanks for the heads-up, Mark!

This seems like a perfect choice for me to go "digital", which I only recently began doing (beyond the DCs included w/ discs and a modest bunch of Vudu D2D conversions), especially since the Shout! BD set wouldn't come w/ DCs anyway AFAIK (and probably can't be used for Vudu D2D)... And these flicks are just about perfect for on-the-go, fun and casual viewing for the whole family -- I'll probably just pass the old DVD set to my son, who's away for college and internships nearly year round... even during this pandemic... or just give them away to save a little space...

The potential for 4K upgrade would just be a very pleasant surprise bonus if that ever happens me thinks...

Thanks again!

_Man_

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Thanks for the heads-up, Mark!

This seems like a perfect choice for me to go "digital", which I only recently began doing (beyond the DCs included w/ discs and a modest bunch of Vudu D2D conversions), especially since the Shout! BD set wouldn't come w/ DCs anyway AFAIK (and probably can't be used for Vudu D2D)... And these flicks are just about perfect for on-the-go, fun and casual viewing for the whole family -- I'll probably just pass the old DVD set to my son, who's away for college and internships nearly year round... even during this pandemic... or just give them away to save a little space...

The potential for 4K upgrade would just be a very pleasant surprise bonus if that ever happens me thinks...

Thanks again!

_Man_

On the vudu disc to digital conversions do they give you the extras usually? I’m assuming no for universal on Apollo 13 or jaws for example.

will the titles share with movies anywhere too?

just curious as I’m looking into converting some titles too.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
On the vudu disc to digital conversions do they give you the extras usually? I’m assuming no for universal on Apollo 13 or jaws for example.

will the titles share with movies anywhere too?

just curious as I’m looking into converting some titles too.

If extras are available for the title you convert then you will get them the same as if you purchased it at full price. And if it is MA enabled it will be put into your MA account. Think of a conversion giving you everything a purchase would.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
@Osato, re: Vudu D2D, what @Cranston37 said... only caveat I suppose is the extras on Vudu might not be the same as on iTunes (and I'm not sure MA translates to access of all iTunes extras), if that matters to you. Also, unlike purchasing digital straight from iTunes/Apple, there won't be the potential of free 4K upgrade.

IF you already (or will) do iTunes, that's something to keep in mind, especially if you're considering a D2D from DVD to Vudu's HDX, which costs $5 (instead of $2 for BD to HDX).. since iTunes seems to regularly run good sales...

I did all my Vudu D2D a good while back when I had zero plans to commit to iTunes digital (and had no idea of these pros I just mentioned). I don't regret any of them, but I would certainly adjust my considerations accordingly going forward now that I'm warming up to iTunes digital some since there's a decent enough AppleTV app for Roku... Of course, I don't expect to run into that many more desirable D2D conversions going forward anyway since most discs I buy in future will either come w/ DCs or probably can't be converted (for whatever reasons)...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks