What's new

Digital Cable DVR.....WOW (1 Viewer)

Chris Bates

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys, I just wanted to share some info..I just found out that Time Warner Cable now has a digital cable box that has a built in 80hr DVR. I made one call, and got it today. This thing is great, not only does it record 2 shows at once, but it adds a PIP feature. I have a twin tuner PIP big screen, but I could'nt view the extended channels. With the DVR box, I can view them all in the PIP window. Did I mention that its only $5 more per month? Now I dont miss my DSS so much. If you guys have Time Warner, or any other digital cable service, I would seriously recomend that you keep your eyes peeled, and switch out your boxes.

Just wanted to share......

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Chris, where are you located; ie, what Time Warner cable system? Also, do you know the model of the DVR? Is it a Scientific American? I'm wondering if it's HDTV compatible. It would be if it had the 3 component video outputs (if you don't mind checking :)

Chris Bates

Stunt Coordinator
Im in the Piedmont NC Time Warner cable system. The model number of the DVR/Digital Cable box is the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8000. Its not an HDTV unit, but I don't think it will be too long before they release an HDTV DVR. I was checking the scientific atlanta site yesterday, and they do have an HDTV set top box, but it isn't a DVR. I've been really impressed with the 8000 so far, and Im sure others will be too. The only problem I have had is that the box locked up a couple times, and reset itself. I seem to think that its a software problem, or maybe the interactive guide because I had the same problem with the last Digital Cable box. It only does it when your trying to either schedule or record a program, and even then it doesn't happen often. This is what leads me to believe that its a problem between with the information downloaded through the guide. Hope I was helpful.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks