What's new

DCX-3600M (Model ID:AR362GA) - old OS? Severe usability issues (1 Viewer)

Mike Romo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Romo
hi all!

I had an old Motorola DVR (we get "free" cable with my building, which includes a DVR)) that was starting to fall apart (the hard drive was dying so many of the recordings looked like the Matrix) so I went to the Spectrum Store and replaced it with a new one, the Arris DCX-3600M (that's what it says on the box, according to the OS it's model AR362GA). While I appreciate the fast hard drive and six tuners, I don't appreciate literally anything else. I have to think that it's not updating the OS because I am running into significant usability issues, listed here that have been available on all the other DVRs I've ever used::
  • No option to display time while DVR is "on" and turned to a channel; it just shows the channel #
  • No way to set the number of recordings. So now we have 42 episodes of Househunters International. I want no more than 7!
  • No way to mass delete shows--remember the 42 episodes? I have to delete them one by one.
I have gone through all the setup menus--super easy, since there are so few options to tweak. I do have the box hooked up to my home network via ethernet, just like the old box--we're using a cable modem so I am not even sure if that's needed but old habits.

I actually returned the box thinking I got one that had networking issues but I am getting the same problems. Any suggestions to get the box to operate like it's 2018 would be great. Or maybe DVRs just suck now?

Thanks for reading!

-mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks