What's new

Difference between Sony XBR and HS? (1 Viewer)

Dan_R_M

Stunt Coordinator
What is the $300 difference between these two models? Is it worth it? Thanks.

-Dan

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
HiDef video amplifier and DRC is not just on/off...on the XBR you can adjust it. I bought the 36XBR800...the only thing I don't like about it is the high gloss black frame around the screen. It reflects some stuff. Good luck with your decision.

Dan_R_M

Stunt Coordinator
ok, i am kind of a noob here...what does the hi def video amplifier and DRC do? In you opinion does it justify the price difference between the two models?

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
DRC is a feature that Sony uses to make ordinary cable look like hi-def. The Sony high scan series has it- but only on/off, not adjustable. I got the XBR because of this. The video amplifier is a nice perk, but i wouldn't upgrade on that feature alone.

Dan_R_M

Stunt Coordinator
How is it adjustable, I mean what is it adjusting? Seems like an on or off type option to me? Thanks again.

Dan_R_M

Stunt Coordinator
what exactly do you mean "making regular cable look like hi-def" can you elaborate? Thanks.

Josh Wolfman

Stunt Coordinator
The feature is supposed to add clarity to a standard image...almost making it look like HiDef.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks