What's new

Did my VCR die? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hey all, I think my VCR may have just died but I'm not real sure. Thought I'd get some insight from my helpful friends here at the HTF.

Here's the deal, I've only owned this one VCR all my life or for about the last 14 or 15 years. It came to us defective (wouldn't play certain tapes without tracking issues and auto track wouldn't work). Anyways it hasn't been used for going on a year now since getting my TiVo and watching more DVD than VHS. Well, I came home tonight and decided it was time to do some rearranging within my rack and turned off my surge protector. I turned the surge protector back on and the VCR is now making a terrible racket when it turns on, also instead of showing the date and time on the front panel it shows the word "err". My thought is that something must have burnt out and the thing has met it's time. Any other ideas? is it time to say goodbye? thanks.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
14-15 years, the typical VCR lifetime is more like 5 years, you got plenty of life out of that old model, so replace it. Repair would cost as much as more as a new model with more features.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle

I figured as much, I probably won't replace it because my recording is handled by my TiVo and all my movie watching is done through DVDs. If anything this experience frees up space on my rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks