What's new

connecting ben q3D DLP projector to my computer,waste of time (1 Viewer)

whyme?

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
michael mcgee
I hope this is the right forum to discuss this frustration. Before I begin, I'll tell you about my equipment. I have an MSI B550 M Pro motherboard. A curved 24-inch MSI 60 to 144 Hz monitor. My CPU is a Ryzen 3 3100 AMD. An Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB vidoe card .I've had my Ben Q 720 3D projector for two years. I always kept it attached to my region-free LG 3D Blu-ray stand-alone player. When I turned it on I looked at the menus and the 3D sync was grey out and the 3d mode, but the frame pack would come on automatically causing the blu ray 3d movies to become top and bottom and then straighten themselves out. Good 3d is A little less sharp cause the sharp focus adjuster is also grey out When 3D comes on the message come in frame packing. I recently ordered some blu - ray movies that use side-by-side. I started to be concerned if this would work. The from smasung 3D t.v. has side by side up top and bottn and 2d to 3d.Well, I decided why don't I connect my projector to my computer to use my L.G blu ray 3D optical drive and see what happens. After I connected my 3d projector to the computer, guess what happened to the 3d menu on the Ben Q projector? The 3d menu opened up. What I noticed is that this projector has side -by side, top, and bottom and frame packing, which was greyed out. I was happy, good! it takes all four. I have three blu ray 3D apps on my desktop. Corel Winn DVD, DVD Fab, Ultra player, Cyberlink powers DVD19.This was when the trouble came out. First, I tested the fab player in a 2d movie, unlike my stand-alone player, I could get it more sharpened focus for the first time under shaders. Then I tried the blu ray 3d movie. I tried Cyberlink but rejected the HDMI 1.4 . The Corel gave a message that it would disable some of the parts. It made the player where you could not enlarge it. Then, I tried the ultra player. It gave a message that it did not take HDMI yet. What's worse no polarised 3D. The anaglyphs mode turned on I could not believe it. What was going on? I thought the polaroid 3d would come on, like my stand-alone blu ray player, would come on. Then it revealed to me what was wrong. A 3D capable monitor must be connected to the computer for the polaroid 3d to come on. If it's a 2D monitor the Dlp 3d protector won' 't respond to it except in anaglyph. Even on the Corel, the subsequent 3d was on, the movie was flat . The only way to get around it was to buy an extra 3d monitor, they don't make them anymore. Even if they did the expense of it with their own glass ,you might as well watch it on the monitor and not the projector. Other than this disappointment. My l.g stand-alone player with DLp works excellent for polaroid 3d .themenue did show that it includes side-by-side and automatic, so if I put a side-by-side blu ray 3d it will automatically detect i. I hope . I also have the anaglyph in the computer and foirnt smasung t.v.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks