What's new

Denon DVD-2900 vs. SACD (1 Viewer)

JamesDH

Grip
I bought a slew of SACD titles for my new player and was listening happily when I started noticing popping/clicking. I tried different titles with the same results. I was even thinking that maybe it was part of the recording, but when I rewind and listen to the same spot the popping/clicking won't be there at all or will be in a different spot. It seems to be at random and is most easily heard on songs with slow fade outs at the end. I have tried regular CD's and several DVD-A titles and there is no problem there, all sound great. I have played numerous DVD's and all play and sound fine through the 5.1 analogue outs or through my optical. Anybody else have this problem?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I think there is a discussion of this at the AVS forum. Perhaps you posted there as well?

BGL

CurtisC

Second Unit
You should hear no popping etc..glad you got another unit.My first unit skipped on dvd a's,all 20 I own,my replacement works great.I have heard of a couple sacd popping dealeo's but I could find nobody with my dvd-a problem.I love the sound and features.

JamesDH

Grip
Yes my new unit that I got yesterday is working fine. The only popping/ticks I hear now are the edits and stuff not created by the player, but are part of the recordings. I did also visit the AVS Forum and found a few people with similar problems but they seemed to have it even worse than me. I'm just glad I have a unit that works like it is supposed to. I guess a certain amount of defective players are always gonna make it out the door no matter what precautions a company takes. If anybody is looking for a fantastic player check out the Denon DVD-2900. -Jim

I bought a slew of SACD titles for my new player and was listening happily when I started noticing popping/clicking. I tried different titles with the same results. I was even thinking that maybe it was part of the recording, but when I rewind and listen to the same spot the popping/clicking won't be there at all or will be in a different spot. It seems to be at random and is most easily heard on songs with slow fade outs at the end. I have tried regular CD's and several DVD-A titles and there is no problem there, all sound great. I have played numerous DVD's and all play and sound fine through the 5.1 analogue outs or through my optical. Anybody else have this problem?
DVD-2900 hates dust. It's very sensitive. Try to clean you CD with microfibre cloth.
Try to clean the DVD-2900 with a CD Lens Cleaner

By the way : check your DVD-2900 is completely horizontal on the shelves

Laurent

JamesDH

Grip
Thanks for the replies. I exchanged my unit and the new one works perfectly. Maybe the SACD chip in the other one I had was bad or had some microscopic abnormality.
The sound on this unit is fantastic. Even regular CD's sound better. Kind of fun going through my collection and listening to old cd's and hearing new details and imrpoved sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks