Integra DPC- 8.5 vs. Denon

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by MattLS, Sep 29, 2004.

1. MattLS

MattLS Agent

I've been thinking of delving into the world of SACD/DVD-A. Outside of the number of discs it can play, how would the Integra DPC 8.5 stand up against a Denon (2200/2900/2910)in both video and audio quality?
    Thanks.

2. Rob Kramer

Rob Kramer Second Unit

3. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    Sounds pretty darned good by that review!

4. Rob Kramer

Rob Kramer Second Unit

It wasnt a very in-depth review, though. You should read the discussion on this review, along with the threads on the 802 over at the secrets forum.

I do like the player though (I would get the 802). I am interested to see how the video compares to the S1500. I wish Kris would get that review up soon. Both the 802 and the s1500 have +s & -s

5. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    Yeah, I kind of browsed the forums. I would have liked to have seen more from that review. I guess, more accurately put, that was a nice first impression piece.

Interesting to see how this will all wash out...

6. MattLS

MattLS Agent

Thanks for the responses.
    Yeah I had read that review as well. It does sound impressive audio-wise, though I would like to see something about the video. I'm fairly new to the HT world, but from what I understand it's pretty tough to beat the Denons when it comes to video. I'm really hoping to find a good all around player for video and multi-channel audio without breaking the bank.
    I'll check out those threads at the secrets forum.

7. Rob Kramer

Rob Kramer Second Unit

This is only true for Denons that have a listed price above $1000. Add in all the bugs and quirks, and its easy to understand why most are looking for any player that is not a Denon.