What's new

Integra DPC- 8.5 vs. Denon (1 Viewer)

MattLS

Agent
I've been thinking of delving into the world of SACD/DVD-A. Outside of the number of discs it can play, how would the Integra DPC 8.5 stand up against a Denon (2200/2900/2910)in both video and audio quality?
Thanks.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
It wasnt a very in-depth review, though. You should read the discussion on this review, along with the threads on the 802 over at the secrets forum.

I do like the player though (I would get the 802). I am interested to see how the video compares to the S1500. I wish Kris would get that review up soon. Both the 802 and the s1500 have +s & -s

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Yeah, I kind of browsed the forums. I would have liked to have seen more from that review. I guess, more accurately put, that was a nice first impression piece.

Interesting to see how this will all wash out...

MattLS

Agent
Thanks for the responses.
Yeah I had read that review as well. It does sound impressive audio-wise, though I would like to see something about the video. I'm fairly new to the HT world, but from what I understand it's pretty tough to beat the Denons when it comes to video. I'm really hoping to find a good all around player for video and multi-channel audio without breaking the bank.
I'll check out those threads at the secrets forum.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit

This is only true for Denons that have a listed price above $1000. Add in all the bugs and quirks, and its easy to understand why most are looking for any player that is not a Denon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks