What's new

Def Tech dilemma or? (1 Viewer)

Hi

my present set-up is Def Tech:

BP 2006 Tl mains, CLR2002 center and BP 1.2X rear
(Rotel RSP 1066 and RMB 1075),.

It is great for the room of the size 13 x 15 with 8 ft ceiling. Now I am going to buy a house in which the dedicated HT and music room is of the size 20 x 16 x 9 ceiling and I think that (taking into account shortcomings of my budget) the bet I can do is to add BP 3000 TL asd mains and CLR 3000 as the center moving 2006 to surround and then I can use:

(a) CLR 2002 as the rear 6th channel

or

(b) BP BP 1.2X as 6 and 7th channel.

What do you think?

One of the crazy ideas is to buy Infinity Intermezzo 4.1T as the mains (you can have them for around $4000 and use them as the mains and move BP 2006 to the rear?????

I'd rather go with Def Tech set-up though?

Any comments are welcome?

Krzysztof

P.S. I cannot stretch budget over $4000 thousands so just forget it.

Karl Englebright

Stunt Coordinator
I would sit tight with your current equipment/speaker combo and maybe just try to get a capable subwoofer (or two). I know the BP3000's will definitely have a lot low end, but you should really get a dedicated subwoofer. That way you can move your speakers around to get even better soundstage and imaging and then place the subwoofer in a spot where it gives you the best/tightest low end. I would also look at getting two rear speakers instead of one. That's usually the recommendation from companies like Dolby and THX.

I initially bought my BP2004's because of the subwoofers (and they do a great job at that) but it's the inmense soundstage and great imaging that really has me addicted to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks