What's new

Deep Space Nine Blu-ray covers (1 Viewer)

WarDoctor

Grip
Real Name
Joe
Hi everybody I have the entire series of Deep Space Nine and Babylon 5 on dvd. I've had them for quite a while now. Due to a variety of reasons i.e. flooding, damage due to moving and just natural wearwand tear I'm finding the cases are starting to fall apart. I'm worried about damage to discs as they are dvds and don't have the special protective coating offered to blu-rays. I'm looking for a way to store them so they don't take up as much space on my shelf. I have six disc thin BluRay cases. I was hoping to use those cases for my Babylon 5 discs and my Deep Space Nine discs. I was wondering if anybody has any covers for Deep Space Nine or Babylon 5 thatwould fit the Blu-ray cases.

Last edited:

AcesHighStudios

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike Williams
It would be odd for someone to have created Deep Space Nine Blu-ray covers, since Deep Space Nine does not exist in Blu-ray.

WarDoctor

Grip
Real Name
Joe
People create stuff for things that don't exist all the time .the problem is standard dvd spine is too wide for the BluRay case and the actual dvd cover is too big for the Blu ray height wise. I would do it myself if I had Photoshop but since I don't I was looking if anyone had any free stuff out there. Oh well

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Just yesterday someone answered my request for Blu-ray case art for K-PAX, which has never been released in BD. I didn't think it was odd at all. I was grateful that now my 720p web rip which I mastered to a BD-25 has a proper case and art for my shelf.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Well, good for you, and I'm so glad that your improper web rip has a proper case.
I paid for a license to watch the movie in my own home, and didn't break an encryption to master it to a disc. That means it's quite proper to store that disc in a proper case with proper art on my very proper shelf.

Last edited:

AcesHighStudios

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike Williams
I actually wasn't referring to your web rip as being improper due to any kind of legal issues, but that it was improper because it was 720p for one, and upscaled SD for another. LOL! I'm not the pirate police.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
improper because it was 720p for one, and upscaled SD for another.
720 is only improper if you compare it to 1080 or 4K. It is very proper when you compare it to the 480 I had on DVD, since a 1080 or a 4K doesn't exist anywhere in the public sphere I can find. The 720 wasn't upscaled. It appears to be from a 1080 source.

DSC07493.JPG

This K-PAX case utilizing custom art contains not only my 720p web rip mastered on a BD, but also the DVD release and the audio book on compact disc.

DSC07495.JPG

Below, to the left, the War of the Worlds official case and art not only contains Spielberg's movie, but my own authored disc of the 1953 movie's 4K stream mastered at 1080 on a BD with the second DVD release used for its default sound mix on channel one with the 4K mix on channel two. Other discs in that case include both DVD releases of the 1953 version as well as a compact disc of the original radio broadcast, and one recreated by many Star Trek cast members.

DSC07498.JPG

Included in the factory case and art for DUEL is not only Spielberg's theatrical release of Duel, but the TV version in 720, and a Blu-ray containing AMBLIN, a gift transferred from Spielberg's personal 16mm print.

I could go on and on. E.T. contains six discs (every released version and format). Lawrence of Arabia contains both theatrical releases in 1080, and so on. And that's just movies. I'm not even talking about my TV collection, which has cool stuff I doubt very many other collections have because I created a ton of special features for them, many never used in the official releases due to legal or space reasons.

Proper? Improper? I don't know. I don't care. The world wasn't made for people like me, so I have to remake the world (including remaking my 7000+ disc collection) to suit myself. I love collecting, curating, and enjoying my good fortune.

Last edited:

Mrs. Carab

Auditioning
Real Name
Jo Anna
If on some hopefully distant day when we're both gone, some lucky disc collector buys my husband's collection at an estate sale, that collector's eyeballs will pop when they discover all the unique extras tucked away in many of those cases. :) Seeing all his one-of-a-kind goodies still blows my mind.

AcesHighStudios

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike Williams
They aren't one-of-a-kind or he wouldn't have them. He got them all from someplace else. And yes, 720p is ALWAYS improper, even -- perhaps ESPECIALLY -- when it was shot that way (ESPN).

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
They aren't one-of-a-kind or he wouldn't have them.
Since I made most of them and no one else has them, then yes, they are one of a kind.

I am glad I try to contribute to conversations rather than having to resort to being a constant contrarian in order to get someone to converse with me. It would be even worse if I was a contrarian who was consistently wrong.

I would hate to think of myself as little more than a troll.

WarDoctor

Grip
Real Name
Joe
Thank God Dave. I just wanted Blu ray case artwork for my Babylon 5 and Deep Space 9 and it all got so critical all of a sudden. Back to the original topic if any one can maybe even take existing dvd cover art and crop them to fit BluRay cases I would appreciate it. My collection is for me and me alone and it doesn't matter if it's not in the original case all that matters is that I have proper display art. Thanks in advance .

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
@WarDoctor

If I may, I’d highly recommend following @Carabimero’s suggestion about posting in the custom cover art thread. I think you’re more likely to get the result you want through that thread. I hope it works out! :)

WarDoctor

Grip
Real Name
Joe
720 is only improper if you compare it to 1080 or 4K. It is very proper when you compare it to the 480 I had on DVD, since a 1080 or a 4K doesn't exist anywhere in the public sphere I can find. The 720 wasn't upscaled. It appears to be from a 1080 source.

View attachment 57629

This K-PAX case utilizing custom art contains not only my 720p web rip mastered on a BD, but also the DVD release and the audio book on compact disc.

View attachment 57631

Below, to the left, the War of the Worlds official case and art not only contains Spielberg's movie, but my own authored disc of the 1953 movie's 4K stream mastered at 1080 on a BD with the second DVD release used for its default sound mix on channel one with the 4K mix on channel two. Other discs in that case include both DVD releases of the 1953 version as well as a compact disc of the original radio broadcast, and one recreated by many Star Trek cast members.

View attachment 57632

Included in the factory case and art for DUEL is not only Spielberg's theatrical release of Duel, but the TV version in 720, and a Blu-ray containing AMBLIN, a gift transferred from Spielberg's personal 16mm print.

I could go on and on. E.T. contains six discs (every released version and format). Lawrence of Arabia contains both theatrical releases in 1080, and so on. And that's just movies. I'm not even talking about my TV collection, which has cool stuff I doubt very many other collections have because I created a ton of special features for them, many never used in the official releases due to legal or space reasons.

Proper? Improper? I don't know. I don't care. The world wasn't made for people like me, so I have to remake the world (including remaking my disc collection) to suit myself. I love collecting, curating, and enjoying my good fortune.
Amazing collection!!!!!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Oh ok thank you .I'm new here. How do I find that thread? Thanks in advance .

Welcome, friend!

Here’s a link to that particular thread - it’s been going on for years, there’s some pretty cool stuff in there. Just make your request on the last page and if someone has a set, or has interest in making one, they’ll respond to you either publicly or privately. The people that do this sort of thing do it as a hobby so you may not get an immediate response - but like @Carabimero noted, it often works out!

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/blu-ray-custom-cover-art-thread.308016/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks