What's new

Deadwood 2nd Season (1 Viewer)

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I had a stone about 10 years ago but I was somewhat lucky. I was able to pass it quickly with only a small amount of time spent in the worst pain of my life.

RobertW

Supporting Actor

and much smaller instrument diameter. ouch

in real life, calamity jane ran a whorehouse in Deadwood for a while i believe. i'm assuming they may set her up with joanie's new operation at the Chez Ami.

Jim Rankin

Stunt Coordinator
Nobody watched?

No scenes with Jane and Charlie - bummer.

WTF is going on with Seth and Martha? Are they doing it or what - I hate how they talk around everything.

RickGr

Second Unit
So my take is that the whore that Hearst' agent (Mr. W?) is infatuated with is his own sister?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
It'll be interesting to where things go with him and the town. He's definitely stirring up the shit.

Who would have guessed Ms Isringhausen was such a devious bitch. :) I like it.

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
Rick, I'm pretty confident that the whore is not related to Mr. W. If she was, wouldn't he know about the alleged relation she was visiting, and wouldn't the new Madam know to use a different excuse?

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Another great episode. Bullock's conversation with Mrs. Bullock about "having a conversation" seemed very forced (which I suppose was the point), but still Bullock needs to relax a little... how uptight can one person be?

I like how the Al & Dan relationship is playing out. Dan obviously cares for Al, and although Dan isn't exactly stupid (unlike Johnny the idiot Burns) he doesn't have what it takes to be more than the muscle of the operation. He didn't have the patience to talk to Wu ("Sweargin! Cocksucker!") and get some important information, and if Al was calling the shots the crop ear dude (played by Garret Dillahunt (just kidding)) probably wouldn't be dead.

I thought Doc Fuckin' Cochran's "you saved me Al" was a bit over the top, but I'm begining to think that although he well intentioned, Doc's patients don't often live.

That Wolcott (played by Garret Dillahunt for real) certainly has "issues". Talk about repressed. I liked how Elsworth recognized Wolcott and in no uncertain terms told him to go f**k himself. Way to go Elsworth. He's obviously been playing his card close to his chest, he's more than just a creek prospector. Alma's put down of EB was classic, she's lucky to have someone like Elsworth as an advisor.

EB is the Biggest. Weasel. Ever.

"Hide the offal in the Shepherd's pie" :laugh:

Even though I thought the past two episodes were great, I can't wait for Al to be back in action. Also I missed Jane & Charlie Utter in this ep.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
"San Francisco cockuscker!"

It was a tad painful seeing Al piss blood (among other things) when he passed those stones. Course, it wasn't as bad as last week's probe insertion.

I'll second the "where were Charlie and Jane?" comment:)

ELLSWORTH! I love that friggin' guy. His hand was on his gun the whole time he was talking to Mr. W.

Dan took care of Crop Ear pretty good. Other than Al and Bullock, Dan is the last person you want to make mad.

Rick and Max, I believe the incestuous relationship that Wolcott was referring to was Joanie's. Last season they said that she had taken up the marital 'duties' of a wife for her father after her mother died.

I'm still waiting for some horrible explosion from both Cy and Mr. W.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah, good ep. as usual the prose is amazing to hear, but sometimes hard to figure out. good thing this thread is around... :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
"as usual the prose is amazing to hear, but sometimes hard to figure out."

Yeah, I know what you mean. Last year I had much more trouble 'comprehending' all the dialogue. After rewacthing the show on DVD, I must have gotten an ear for the dialogue and it's not that hard to follow anymore.:)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Actually I read that Al
died while trying to get on a train - penniless I might add

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member

I thought Dillahunt was the same guy who played the guy (Jack McCall) who murdered Wild Bill...or does he now also play Wolcott?? (they look the same, cept one is unkempt, the other is a sadist)

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i thought it was pretty obvious that bullock and the missus were doing it when he came down for breakfast and she called him "Seth", and he replied by calling her "Martha".

no more Mr. Bullock, Mrs. Bullock niceties.

Ellsworth has been a standup guy so far this season. and i sure loved how Alma used EB's rumor-mongering against him to get him to sell his place. now he pretty much has to, or once everyone sees him hanging on to it in spite of the rumors of calamity, then they'll begin to suspect something, and things won't be pretty for ole EB.

LewB

Screenwriter
Week by week each character's story fills out. Ellsworth was at 'the comstock' and was responsible for saving 3 men after a mine cave-in. In last season's final episode Doc had a flash-back to times he spent with wounded soldiers during the war. Al came by way of Chicago, Seth from Montana, etc. It's amazing how these people picked up their lives and just headed West to territory that was dangerous and not even a part of the U.S.

One question I have about this episode regards Adams and Ms. Isringhausen (sp). How does she come to just knocking on his door after Alma fires her ? Other than the fact that they are residents of the same hotel, I didn't get the connection.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I just thought that they were acquantices from living at the same place. Ms. Isringhausen needs some power behind her against Alma and she must know that Adams is a 'tough' guy and that he works with/for Al so she decided to visit him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks