1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Deadwood 2nd Season

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kyle, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Chris Bergmann

Chris Bergmann Second Unit

I think she went to him because he's the only clean, well-dressed man in town - except for Bullock and Star who wouldn't take her side against Alma.

2. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

Ms. I. ain't right. 6 months' severance plus the cost of her ticket home, plus the hotel 'till she makes arrangements is way more than fair for a few months of service.

3. Robin Warren

Robin Warren Second Unit

Mrs. I looked scared. I wonder if she was sent there on someone's orders? Now that she got herself canned she won't be able to eavesdrop on Alma's plans. That has to put her in a predicament, depending of course, on who her "employer" is.

4. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Thats a angle I hadent thought of. That Mrs I was sent to Alma as a spy.

I dont think thats true, but we'll see.

5. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

That would explain how easily she came to Adams' door ! They are linked thru Al ! Brilliant !!

6. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Interesting theory. I think that IF Ms. Isringhausen is a spy, she was sent by Hearst. Much like how Mr. Wolcott is there for Hearst's interests. Alma (I assume) has the biggest claim in the area and Hearst may like to know what's happening with it by having a person close to Alma. Ms. Isringhausen doesn't want to dissapoint Hearst so she's going to Adams to help her move against Alma.

Wasn't she supposed to have arrived just before the season started? That would only be a few weeks before Wolcott got there too.

7. Gordon St Pierre

Gordon St Pierre Stunt Coordinator

I'd say if she's working for anyone ,It's either Alma's father or Brom's parents .Someone has planted the idea in her head that she had something to do with Brom's death ,& she may think she is being let go because Alma is on to her.

8. Robin Warren

Robin Warren Second Unit

Yes. Good point. Where was Miss I from? Chicago? She definately seems very angry/upset about being let go. There has to be something to it, and with the conversation with Silas, it definately points towards a conspiracy.

9. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

That might explain her comment to Adams about how she knew Alma had killed others. Or Al could have planted that idea in case Alma told her that she suspected Dan, plus Al came from Chicago. Man, I love this show !

10. Jim DiJoseph

Jim DiJoseph Second Unit

Back to Seth and Martha...I took their exchange to mean that they have only taken the first steps towards getting acquainted. The scene felt forced, as if calling each other by their first names was as yet uncomfortable, but the necessary first step. I guess I might need to re-watch that scene since I'm the only one on this board who did not get the sense that they had finally consummated their marriage.

11. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Gordon, that's a great theory! And it may end up being the correct one.

Jim, in that scene Bullock said something about 'waking up' William and Martha said how he was a sound sleeper so I think they did the deed... after only a year and a half or so[​IMG]

12. Matthew_S

Matthew_S Second Unit

ok...not to get graphic here but i still have no idea how Al was "cured"...it seems that once the smelling salts were produced he started to urinate a bloody,gooey white substance. How did this happen? What happened there?

13. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

I think it was a combination of things. Doc's 'manipulation' of the stone (OUCH !) got it to start it's journey out of Al's body. Looked like doc had a brainstorm just as he was about to dope up Al. If you dope him up, he can't help get the stone out. The smelling salts revived him so he could push it out. Al knew if the doc operated on him he was a gonner, so between the fear of death and the smelling salts, Al was able to keep pushing to urinate even though he was in agony from the stone moving out of his body.

14. Gordon St Pierre

Gordon St Pierre Stunt Coordinator

Well,I have to get a little graphic to answer that [​IMG]

Doc Re-inserted the instrument in Al's prick & got Trixie to milk his prick from top to bottom to work the biggest stone out ,after that it was "one Gleet chasin another"

The smelling salts just gave Al a little bit of conscience strength to help the process from his perspective,as much as he could I think lol

Edit :LewB beat me to it ,I was watching that scene again wile typing [​IMG]

15. Robin Warren

Robin Warren Second Unit

ugh.

Love Al's contentment in the final scene. Laughing out loud at work here just thinking about it....pfft indeed.

I am starting to lean towards Al's involvement with Mrs I. He did seem to give up on Alma's claim pretty easily in Season One. Maybe he never gave up on it at all?

16. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

my thought exactly.

it was literally a case of "piss or die"!

17. Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer Supporting Actor

Interesting theory about Mrs. I...I bet it is right on with her being a spy. I am just not sure who for. She could be working for any of them. The Doc telling Al that only 2 men in 10 live from the procedure was the final nail to convince Al to try to pass them.

18. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Why did he say 2 men in 10 as opposed to 1 in 5? [​IMG]

19. Robin Warren

Robin Warren Second Unit

He's a doctor not some goddamn cocksuckin mathmetician. [​IMG]

20. Jim Rankin

Jim Rankin Stunt Coordinator

Pretty solid episode -

Great to see Doc and Jane back, Jane's scene with the "general", and ordering the commissioner to shut the fuck up had me in stitches. Doc and Alma's scene was touching, I love Brad Dourif's acting in this series.

Great to see Al get his piss and vinegar back, he's definitely going to have to roll up his sleeves and get things in motion.

Every time there is a scene with Mr. W and a whore, I keep bracing myself for some sort of psychotic outburst.

I thought this is one of the strongest episodes so far this year, developing some pretty good story lines.