What's new

Dayton Titanic MKIII Completed! (Lots of Pics!) (1 Viewer)

RayM

Agent
Hello...
I just finished my first HT sub project last Thursday!
A 12" Dayton Titanic MKIII in a 3.5 ft^3 (101 l) enclosure tuned to ~19-20hz, powered by a PE 250w plate amp. Anyhow, here are some pics...

Got the walls up and the first section of port in place:

Front baffle with sub/port cutout:

Took it upstairs (talk about HEAVY) for a test run, was well worth it:

Took it back down for sanding/filler/sanding... and applied the vinyl after a thorough wipe down:

Here it is... completed!

Excursion pic... :D

This was my third enclosure I've ever built, but the first I've done for HT. Overall I'm very satisfied! It sounds great with music and is more than enough for movies...

Please feel free to comment!

stephanX

Stunt Coordinator
ahhh sorry pal but looks like that side doesnt allow remote linking. Though im pretty exited to see those pics! Try photobucket.com

stephanX

Stunt Coordinator
Nice sub!

what kind of finish is that? was it easy to apply? expensive? think it would work on a sonotube? and by the looks of it, that thing has ALOT of excursion, must look even more wild in real life.

RayM

Agent
Thanks for the compliments...

The finish is just some peel and stick vinyl I got from Parts Express. Fairly inexpensive at around $15 a roll and it comes in a few different colors...
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....ctGroup_ID=135

I see no reason why it wouldn't work on a sonotube... the adhesive is pretty good, but I can tell I may need to add some super glue where the corners meet.

Yeah the driver is very nice... It has 18.7mm of Xmax and handles 600w RMS. I just got done watching Troy with it and it just amazes me more and more. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks