What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Daredevil (Netflix) - April 10, 2015 (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Season two could be getting crowded, with The Punisher, Elektra and the rumored appearance of Bullseye, not to mention the first season Daredevil cast. But season one was handled so well, I suspect it is nothing they can't handle (but don't go adding Stilt Man or other throwaways). And bring back Turk!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Punisher screen adaptations have been underwhelming, to say the least, to date.

Within the confines of a TV series he may work better. It will be very interesting to see how the series handles his appearance because one of the criticisms the first season had was the convenient lack of firearms by the criminals used against Daredevil.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
TravisR said:
No one can live up to The Punisher on the comic book page but Jon Bernthal is a pretty damn good character actor.

I'll give him a chance since he was so good in TWD. Jon wouldn't have been my first choice for Frank, but perhaps he can pull it off.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've only ever heard his Georgia good old boy accent, so it will be interesting to see what he uses for Frank Castle. I always pictured him growing up in an Italian neighborhood of the Bronx, with the accent to match.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Wow. That was amazing.

Vincent D'Onofrio was Wilson Fisk is one of the most terrifying, realized villains I've seen. Anywhere.

The writing was terrific. I loved the tension between what one man can accomplish with vigilante violence and the practical need to use the legal system.

The real people. Weary and worn Ben Urich. The espresso-brewing priest, who is no fool.

And a boldness to eliminate characters that surprised and shocked me throughout.

And a series the right length. No filler. Every episode meaningful.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
Season two could be getting crowded, with The Punisher, Elektra and the rumored appearance of Bullseye, not to mention the first season Daredevil cast. But season one was handled so well, I suspect it is nothing they can't handle (but don't go adding Stilt Man or other throwaways). And bring back Turk!

It's the usual problem with sequels that they try to cram too much in and suffer from a surplus of villains. But a 13-episode season is much better equipped to juggle three new major characters and give them the character development they deserve than a two-hour movie would have been. Especially since so much of the first season supporting cast is dead.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Adam Lenhardt said:
It's the usual problem with sequels that they try to cram too much in and suffer from a surplus of villains. But a 13-episode season is much better equipped to juggle three new major characters and give them the character development they deserve than a two-hour movie would have been. Especially since so much of the first season supporting cast is dead.

True, but we still have a long way to go and we don't know how many episodes they'll make even though their order may stand at 10 or 12 for now.

Also...we saw Stick this season for how long? Not long, for sure. We could maybe see Elektra for as long next season. Or, she could be a Claire-type supporting character. Or, she could be the main love story. Who knows!

I do hope Punisher is the main villain or at least villain 1B. He is basically just like the Matt Murdock we've been introduced to in the show: pure vigilante...only a little more of a revenge factor involved. I'd like so see that mirror held up to Matt.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Quentin said:
I do hope Punisher is the main villain or at least villain 1B. He is basically just like the Matt Murdock we've been introduced to in the show: pure vigilante...only a little more of a revenge factor involved. I'd like so see that mirror held up to Matt.

Villain?! He's not a villian, he's an anti-hero. I'm hopeful they'll keep his involvement to 1 or 2 episodes - that would be enough time for them to tangle then agree to work together with Matt getting a good long look at someone he hopes to never turn into.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Wondering when they'll get this out on DVD, for those of us that don't stream.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
A little surprised that they went older than Charlie Cox with the casting, especially since both characters are supposed to be about 25.

But she looks the part, unlike Jennifer Garner, and the casting in the first season was uniformly excellent so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. The only thing I've seen her in was a brief role as one of Lisbeth Salander's lays in the Fincher version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, not enough to make much of an impression either way.

DaveHof2 said:
Wondering when they'll get this out on DVD, for those of us that don't stream.
My guess is a week or so before the second season premieres on Netflix. I'm sure a long streaming exclusive window was a non-negotiable term when Marvel and Netflix came to the agreement to make these series.

EDIT: From the Daredevil Twitter account:

Daredevil_S02_001.jpg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Sam Favate said:
Elodie Yung has been cast as Elektra for season 2 of Daredevil.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/daredevil-elektra-elodie-yung-1201535579/

I don't know much about her. Thoughts from those who do?
She's very attractive. Definitely has the right look.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And they already started filming season 2! Guess its not surprising since it is out next year. But for some reason I thought it wouldn't be in production until the Fall.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.