What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Dan August – The Complete Collection (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Isn't this the 1st new VEI release in quite a few months? Seems like they have been pretty quiet since the beginning of this year.
They previously released The Bad News Bears (TV series) on this Halloween (10/31) and Early Edition in August (and The Powers of Matthew Star this past July).

~Ben

Last edited:

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
It seems to be following a pattern on these rare shows. They get picked up by a digital subchannel and then soon after get released. That happened with Its About Time, The Californians, Man Called Shenandoah and now Dan August. I wonder if both are related or just coincidental.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
The big question will be: How is the picture quality?
I expect that it will be only a little better than the William Conrad series at the time and we all know that it wasn´t remastered after all.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The big question will be: How is the picture quality?
I expect that it will be only a little better than the William Conrad series at the time and we all know that it wasn´t remastered after all.

That's a question that will be answered when this release finally comes in, which means we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
Does VEI also ship to Europe or only within the USA/Canada?

https://www.visualentertainment.tv/collections/new-release/products/dan-august-the-complete-collection-7109

Jimmyr1960

Agent
Real Name
Jim
Just received the set. The good news first: all the episodes, including the telefilm House on Greenapple look great. The telefilm runs an hour and 53 minutes. So it seems to be uncut. On the downside, the hour episodes run between 49 and 50 minutes. For a series from 1970, this means these episodes are probably cut by approximately 5 minutes each. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Just received the set. The good news first: all the episodes, including the telefilm House on Greenapple look great. The telefilm runs an hour and 53 minutes. So it seems to be uncut. On the downside, the hour episodes run between 49 and 50 minutes. For a series from 1970, this means these episodes are probably cut by approximately 5 minutes each. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
I'd guess one of the missing minutes is the opening teasers.

~Ben

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
4 disks total. Picture quality is excellent.

4 discs for 26 episodes ?
That means 6 respectively 7 episodes per disc and you say the picture quality is excellent?

How do you know that the picture quality is excellent?

It´s going to come out in 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks