What's new

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Season 9 (mild early season spoilers) (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I was sad to see Grissom go but I liked how they did it. Just some nice small goodbye scenes with Nick and Greg and no big scene where everyone lines up and cries and says goodbye to Grissom. And of course, it was a nice end for the character to see him reunite with his girl and have some happiness.

Big thumbs up to CBS and the producers for putting Jorja Fox's name in the end credits.

Looking forward to seeing Larry Fishburne take the reins!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Well, it isn't like they had much of a choice. SAG rules. In fact, they probably had to get a waiver to move her credit from the top of the show to the end, in order to maintain the surprise. (And it isn't likely Jorja would have agreed to make her appearance an uncredited cameo. On-screen credits are what SAG uses to track residual payments owed when episodes are rerun.)

Regards,

Joe

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Nicely done episode. Makes seeing Grissom go not so sad because he and Sara are together, you know they are happy. I guess Sara left Grissom her GPS location.

I thought Hodges was an idiot! He was trying so hard in both episodes. And he finally got a bone at the end. Plus Wendy.

I am interested to see how Langston fits in as Grissom said it was an entry level position. And Catherine probably takes over as lead of the lab. But is Fishburne the new series lead as Peterson was?

Funny how Eckley gets promoted, he was so political! Liked the joke about the bugs.

Thought that new Sheriff looked almost exactly like the old one who framed Warrick.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
The Grissom element aside, this episode had many elements familiar to Silence of the Lambs. (I'm not saying its the same story!!)
Elements such as finding a serial killer and using a serial killer already in prison to help them figure out the new one (he was no Hannibal, but this is TV). And the intercut of scenes when they are trying to find the house by Lake Mead with the killer torturing his victim.

For the response about a possible matchup with Catherine and Grissom... Well, that may have not been the case on the set, but off the set promoting the show a few years ago, both Billy and Marg did appearances in which they looked like they had a thing going (mildly snuggling one another) but of course it was all for the media.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Mark Rolston (the actor playing the new sheriff) played Drake in Aliens so I thought he was cool.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I liked how they managed a modicum of ambiguity, you KNEW he was going to meet up with Sarah, but the scene played out like he was on the track of a beloved rare insect.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I don't think she did. The way I read the scene, she was surprised to see Grissom. I think Grissom got her GPS coordinates from whatever group she was working for/with there in the jungle, but made sure she didn't know he was coming. It looked to me like she turned expecting to see an animal or maybe someone else from her group, was shocked to see Grissom, took time to process a) his presence in the jungle and b) what that meant, and then finally moved towards him. It is really a remarkable peformance, mostly done with her eyes, without words, and in the space of a few seconds. That, my friends, is called acting.

Regards,

Joe

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan
This show has been boring for years. The worst out of the CSI's. Not that I like any of them. It doesn't have that spark any more.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Do you feel better now? I've never understood the need some people feel to crap in other people's houses or dump in their threads. When I don't like a show I don't watch it. I don't waste my time posting comments about it for the sole purpose of annoying those who do.

Regards,

Joe

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am glad they didn't kill him off. Which I am sure might have been an exit strategy the writers discussed. But, when Petersen first mentioned leaving the show. He did say he might open to coming back to do guest appearances. So hopefully, he will take the break he wanted...do some other acting jobs and then make a "special appearance" in future episodes. Maybe, coming back as a special advisor on a tough case.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Given that Peterson has been a) the star from day one and b) an executive producer for much of the run, I doubt that any thought at all was given to killing Grissom off unless Peterson wanted to consider that option.

Regards,

Joe

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Nice post Joseph. And I stand corrected, regarding Catherine as night shift supervisor, and not head of the lab! But you knew what I meant! ;)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I can count the number of CSI episodes I've watched on one hand, but I do follow this thread. I recorded and watched the last 2 episodes and sat down to watch them with the resident CSI fan(atic). An enjoyable time. Another nice thing is since I do follow this thread, I didn't feel like I was just dropping in out of nowhere. I basically know the back stories from what you guys type here. Anyway, it was an enjoyable experience. I've always liked Peterson (one of the episodes I watched was his reunion with the guy from Manhunter), and Laurence Fishburn is always a treat. We did have trouble following the pieces (maybe my brain just isn't as quick as it used to be). It seemed that we had new information thrown at us before we could process previous bits of information. I don't know if that's normal for the show or not. At some point, maybe you're not supposed to think about it too much and just go with the flow. Comments?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I freely admit that I get lost sometimes (with them trying to fit an A and a B story in 43 minutes, the science jargon and half a dozen or more new suspects or victims every week) and I just have to roll with it. That being said, if I've ever gone back and watched an episode, the pieces have always made sense upon a second viewing.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I think the one thing that seperates CSI (Vegas) from the other two CSI spinoffs is how science tech is handled. On CSI they have some advanced equipment. But, nothing truly extraordinary. Meanwhile on CSI:Miami they have glass walls that have touch screen computer tech. And on CSI:NY they had a holodeck. Now I am not sure if Petersen had anything to do with keeping the tech in cheque on CSI (Vegas). But, it is definitely different than the other two shows. Well with the exception of getting DNA results in minutes. Which I have read is impossible.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

While that is a common complaint people actually in different aspects of law enforcement and forensic sciences, to US it's minutes but in terms of the story it could be days - there are very few episodes of the shows that actually establish when things are happening, be it minutes, hours or days. All we get are the generic cityscape transition shots.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Excellent thoughts, sir.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
:emoji_thumbsup:

I must say, you truly "get" this show, and it's a pleasure reading your thoughts about it.

I do have to add one little thing though:

The only letter 'o' is in Petersen's middle name, not last name. :P

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

:rolleyes:For some reason I have a mental block when it comes to spelling certain things - and Petersen's name is one of them. (And I hate stopping in mid-post to check my spelling.) Do I get points for remembering to spell Sara without the "H"? ;)

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks