What's new

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Season 9 (mild early season spoilers) (1 Viewer)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
So what you're really saying is Columbo is actually smarter than the CSI's assigned to the case because he always solves things on his own....
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Maybe if Catherine said to the hypnotist "...Just one more thing..." then it would have been the finishing touch.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
The killer in the end of tonight's episode was familiar. He was The Chechen mob boss in "The Dark Knight", who Joker eventually had cut up and fed to his own dogs.

Ah, good times.

Riley Adams is a very nice addition to the team, and I'm glad she's there. Lot of subtle moments with Grissom and Greg regarding their coping with the loss of Warrick. Tambor was a genuine weirdo tonight. He was great. That exchange with him and Brass about the badge...eww.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Did Peyton List get boob enhancements?

Anyhow, Grissom is so out of here, it ain't funny.

Always good to see Lady Heather.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That was a pretty creepy episode tonight with the DJK in prison, and quite the bombshell that Grissom dropped too!

I have not see the last 3 episodes which are still in my DVR, so I guess there wasn't any story threads I missed after Lady Heather?

Hodges seemed to be acting like an idiot to the news. It was interesting to see how each person on the team acted to Grissom's news. David sure took it rough.

Interesting introduction to Langston too. With that rough introduction by Grissom's questions to the DJK killer that blew his cover, I wonder how he'll join the team.

It will be interesting to see part 2 and how that resolve the DJK case. Obviously he had help.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I think they showed who the accomplice is..Not a big spoiler...
In the audience when they were doing the video chat with the DJK killer. Their was an actor who was not a big name. But, familiar enough to be more than just an extra in the scene.

mylan

Screenwriter

I think Bush is giving a farewell speech tonight at 9, its set to run 15 minutes but CBS is going to show CSI in its entirety but set your DVRs accordingly.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I was right! Maybe, I can be a CSI. ;)

Also, what is up with the shaky cam? It was brutal during the scene between Stokes & Katherine in the suspects house.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Nice bullet time nod to Fishburne's presence on the show. :D

I thought it was a fitting end for Grissom. Hodges's last words to Grissom were kinda funny in being testy as if they had this great wonderful reparte (mostly in Hodges's mind), funny nonetheless.

Looking forward to what new blood will bring to the mix for the next phase of CSI.

mylan

Screenwriter
Weird, I thought that this was a good series finale, everything was in place, Grissom walking through the halls observing his flock as they did their jobs and just looking up and smiling as he walked by, I am going to seriously miss Grissom. I mean, who else can use "forensic astronomy" and make it believable? I am open minded and will give Dr. Langston a chance as I am in for the long haul, I have watched every show and will continue to do so.

Yes, bullet time was sweet as was meeting up with Sara in Costa Rica, apparently being a CSI pays well enough to go on an extended sabbatical when you get burned out...where do I sign up?

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Farewell, Dr. Grissom. You've earned the rest.

William Petersen is CSI: but this was so satisfying a conclusion to his character, the show will certainly continue on without him.

Next week is a whole new beginning...

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
And Grissom left the way he said he would way back in season 2 ("Ellie") - "When I leave CSI there won't be any cake in the break room. I'll just be gone."

Joe

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Not really. Figuring he is working for them for 20yrs. He has no kids (which suck a lot of money from you. ;) ) and either has no or little mortgage. And I am sure he has enough years to retire with a decent pension.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Both Grissom and Sara probably saved a fair amount of money over the years, given that neither had much of a social life or family life and both were workaholics. (Sara routinely maxed out on overtime, which probably added up, and assuming the LVPD has a government-funded pension - or employer contributions to their 401(k) accounts - they would both be fully-vested in those.)

In addition Grissom has income from his books, and will remain in demand as a teacher, consultant and lecturer when he gets back to the States. Finally he probably got at least some insurance money and a fully-paid-up house when his mother died.

In short, I don't think money will be their problem - especially since neither of them cares a great deal about it.

I was just glad to see them together. :D

Regards,

Joe

todd s

Senior HTF Member
When the show first started. I though Gil and Katherine would eventually get together. Then towards the end. I really thought he may end up with Lady Heather.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
From the time I started watching (with "Caged", the seventh episode of S2) I always thought that Sara was the one Grissom would end up with. His friendship with Catherine didn't seem like the kind of thing that could turn into a romance. (Especially on Catherine's side. She knows Grissom too well. She loves him, but she could never handle his quirks, and he's too boring for her. Catherine needs someone with that hint of danger, the bad boy side that Eddie and Warrick each had in his own way.)

When I finally had a chance to watch the show from the beginning I was even more certain. It is obvious from her first appearance that Sara has a crush on Grissom, and evident from very early on that he's trying very hard not to see it and to avoid temptation. I'll admit Lady Heather seemed like another possibility (especially when it was unclear if Sara was going to be killed off during the Miniature Killer case.) But once that story line was resolved and it was also announced that William Peterson was leaving the show, I was sure Grissom would quit CSI in large part to pursue Sara. I think his spell as Lady Heather's houseguest helped him clarify his feelings about both women, and helped him make his decision. Once he realized that he could never have both CSI and Sara, the decision was probably easy. As he learned while on his teaching sabatical, he can live without CSI. He can lecture, take a faculty position, consult, return full time to his beloved insects. I think he found living without Sara a lot harder. When she first left to "find herself" and deal with her demons, I'm sure Grissom thought it as temporary and that she'd return to Vegas, to him and to their mutual work. When she made it clear she could no longer deal with two of the three, she presented him with a choice.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks