What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Amazing response. It also shows that the constant whining that can come from certain factions of the fanbase is not warranted. Constructive criticism is fine, but often it goes beyond that.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I'm always amazed when ANY bitching is directed toward Criterion. So a release gets delayed by a few months. Boo fucking hoo. No other company has done more for world cinema than Criterion, and they deserve steady and ceaseless praise.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Fabulous news concerning Stagecoach; going for the best materials possible, giving it their best shot and loading the release with worthwhile extras. Take your time Criterion - I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by John Hodson /forum/thread/272151/criterion-announces-first-blu-ray-titles/510#post_3614059
At the very least, the second part of Lindsay Anderson's BBC documentary on Ford. I'll chew my handkerchief if that's not in there...
Why ?
Has this not been released before ?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
thanks for sharing ccfix =P. i'd like to also add that an obvious response to that would be: why not hire more people to the workflow?

well, they'd need to sell twice to 5x the current quantity/volume to support those efforts, lol. just guestimating ;). it's all about volume. the fact is, HTF/AVS or any other film enthusiast forums occupy a VERY small % of the large hollywood blockbusters that get released on BD/DVD on a weekly basis. hollywood films are talking 5,10,20 million copies+, often weekly/daily basis. but criterion is lucky to get 1mil for any title, heck i think 500,000 copy is pretty nifty lol.

just a matter of economics =). i'd rather have criterion continue to exist and churn out excellent work instead of them bankrupt and folding and closing completely! and c'mon, you guys have NOTHING TO WATCH??!??!?!? lol

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by John Hodson /forum/thread/272151/criterion-announces-first-blu-ray-titles/510#post_3614165
No Oscar; the first part was on Criterion's Young Mr Lincoln.
Classic stuff, already own that DVD

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... More titles to add to my Blockbuster Online queue (w/ potential to own later).

Thanks.

_Man_

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Does anyone else think that the Criterion hint from the newsletter today means that Fellini's 8 1/2 is their next Blu-ray release?
A great, great choice if you ask me. You can't go wrong with Fellini, and having him on Blu for Christmas makes me very very happy!

ccfixx

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Courtesy of criterionforum.org...

Jon Mulvaney wrote...We currently have THE THIRD MAN replacement cases in and we will be receiving the rest come November. The cost for a replacement case is $5, which includes shipping. If you would like to go ahead and purchase an upgraded case for THE THIRD MAN simply make a payment of $5 to the email address [email protected] through PayPal, providing your mailing address and item needed in the message field, and we'll send it out to you! If you prefer to receive [it and other] cases together, I would advise waiting until we have all cases available and then making the payment of [$5 each] through Paypal.
So, it looks like it'll be $45 to have all 9 digipack releases replaced, if one so desires.

CC

Or, if you're yet to buy these titles, someone recently ordered Third Man Blu from Amazon and received it in plastic not digi. Apparently they plan to only replenish Amazon etc's stock once the digipacks sell out, which this might mean Third Man has done.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
It makes sense for them to wait for the first run of each title to sell out before changing the cases. When you're filling a niche you gotta earn all you can out of your product.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... I'll probably hold off just a bit on replacing my few BD digipacks w/ the new cases. I think I only have like 3 titles so far anyway -- and I'm not 100% set on keeping The Last Emperor either due to the MAR issue. Unless I hear they're gonna stop offering the cases soon, I might as well keep using the digipacks until they wear out significantly or something -- they'd probably just go to waste otherwise.

Thanks for the heads up though, CC.

_Man_

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Man-Fai Wong /forum/thread/272151/criterion-announces-first-blu-ray-titles/510#post_3617303
-- and I'm not 100% set on keeping The Last Emperor either due to the MAR issue.
_Man_
You dog! You should hold a ritualistic burning of the discs at midnight to cleanse yourself of that MAR'd POS. In your fortunate case, the cardboard packaging should help with the burning process. /img/vbsmilies/htf/wink.gif

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /forum/thread/272151/criterion-announces-first-blu-ray-titles/510#post_3617357
You dog! You should hold a ritualistic burning of the discs at midnight to cleanse yourself of that MAR'd POS. In your fortunate case, the cardboard packaging should help with the burning process. /img/vbsmilies/htf/wink.gif">
You guys crack me up. /img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks