What's new

Crazy or ????? (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I use to watch the crazies on Market street; they would scream at God or the voices in their head but it was some unknown presence. Now I see loads more but they seem to have have cell phones hidden in some orifice and they are dressed a little better.
I like the crazies better; much more interesting except the cell phone users have better hand gestures. It still is hard to tell the 2 groups apart (the wire gives it away unless the crazies use this as a prop not to get arrested.)
My have times changed!

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Are you saying that people who talk loudly on cell phones in public are crazy? Or just the ones who do it behind the wheel? (Which is just as risky as driving drunk! :eek: )

Instead of "crazy", I prefer the term, "loopy as a loon". Or perhaps, "a few phloem bundles short of a banana".

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
At least the drunk ones wake up sober in the morning....
Yes Rob, "loopy as a loon" is good but I think the real loons might sue.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
GrantB, very funny post. The first time these corporate mental patients started popping up at Starbuck's and other places talking to themselves, I was shocked. Now everyone walks around talking to their right shoulder.
My very first experience was when a vendor was in the waiting room, and he started talking to the popcorn machine. Really strange when they look right at you and start talking....eerie. Oh, don't want to offend anyone here, but you look like you're talking to yourself.
Not as invasive or annoying as non-business people yelling into Nextels and us getting to hear the other side of the conversation but you'll all get along nicely to the island we ship you to.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I was just outside and saw this man who looked like some updated "Life of Brian" extra screaming at no one; arms out like some demented preacher rambling.....
Of course everyone ignored him ....except me who laughed at him

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
speaking of starbucks and crazy, I was SHOCKED at how many starbucks there were in London. Hell there's one basically right across the street from st paul's... weird.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Rita Rudner said years ago that she wanted to buy a CD player but that she refused to do so until someone promised her that it was the last thing they would ever invent. "You know those people you see on the street mumbling to themselves? They aren't crazy. Those are the people who bought 8-track tapes!"

:)

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks