What's new

Hisense new C1 Long Throw 4K TriChroma Laser Projector (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Tomorrow, July 19th, Hisense will ship us their very first allocation of the new C1 RGB Laser 4K Laser Projector.

Very impressive specifications and excellent image quality at a crazy low price of $1,999.

Hisense_C1-1-Widest-Color-Space-in-the-Industry-1536x1536.png

Here's the link to our Hisense C1 webpage with all of the technical details and specifications.
https://valueelectronics.com/product/hisense-cube-c1-trichroma-laser-projector/

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Here's the link to Hisense's C1 Long Throw Projector webpage:

This new 4K HDR Triple laser RGB Projector is very aggressively priced for it's category and delivers excellent image quality from 65" up to 300".

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Our Hisense ship arrived with a boatload of their new C1 Laser Projectors:

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1440x1080.
Hisense-C1-RZ-holding-wshipment-behind.jpg

Tomorrow we'll be setting up two Hisense C1 Projectors in our suite of 15 Cinema Demo Rooms.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
We're developing several ceiling mounting solutions. Here's my favorite one that we're designing and building for our clients.
Hisense C1 w:Ceiling Mt.jpg

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Several of our techs took one of our C1's to our suite of 15 Cinema Demo Rooms and setup the C1. After a few hours without hearing from our techs I went to our Cinema Demo Showroom and found them watching movies in our new C1 demo room. No one wanted to leave the C1 demo room.

So in the end I did find one issue with the C1, Hisense did not price this new 4K Dolby Vision HDR projector properly. The C1 delivers an exceptional picture quality and is priced way to low for it's specifications and premium performance!

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Interesting design. Do you think Sharp influenced the design details? I wonder why they put so much effort into the audio section. I've been using a 1080P projector but the prices of 4K have kept me back from any upgrades.

Any comments on the unavoidable cooling fan noise?

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I love the design! In addition to the excellent design the build quality is excellent.

I like that it's easy to move to the room of your choice, like the outdoor patio, or the bedroom with the image projected on the ceiling any wall or move the C1 to the family room where you can very quickly setup to deliver the best possible picture quality.

Fan noise is minimal. I'll will be measuring the fan sound during one of our evaluations and testing.

Overall we are truly enjoying the premium image quality of all content and Dolby Vision picture quality is excellent! Hope to see some of our HTF friends at our new A/V showrooms to audition all of the top projectors and TVs in our two showrooms.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
How did they get DV licensing? I thought DV required control and knowledge of the image, so a projector (without an integral screen) couldn’t get DV certification.

Or is DV going the THX where it will go in any garbage system, if paid their licensing fee, and is cashing out their brand value?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
If I were shopping in the $2000 range, I’d wish this didn’t have speakers and had a conventional black chassis with conventional ceiling mounting options. Then as a presumably $1799 4K laser DLP projector, it would be top of list for an affordable entry to front projection.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
What I can’t figure out from the specs is the zoom range.

I certainly could be mistaken, but it looks like it the projector has a fixed throw distance. The only control for image size is the placement distance from the screen. (???) Does that even make sense.

I am curious about how one goes about aligning and centering the image on a screen with this projector.

- Walter.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
@ DaveF Not 100% sure this is the case, but from what I was told the Dolby Vision approval was based on the specifications and viewing the C1 with Dolby Vision content on a painted white wall and as we know the C1 passed all of Dolby Vision's testing to be certified Dolby Vision.

Hisense's C1 has auto focus, auto zoom, and auto keystone correction, but you can also select in the user menu manual set-up. So no need to move the projector to fill the image area of your projection screen.

Hisense C1 fiocus menu.jpg

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
We just announced our exclusive launch promotion that gifts our clients with a 5% ($100) store credit on Hisense's new 4K HDR triple laser projector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ybmsmoke107
Recent bookmarks