Computer Modding: How to cut side panels?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NickSo, Jun 24, 2002.

1. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Hi, i got this neat mod idea going for my computer (its very original :p) ), but i gotta figure out how and with what i can use to cut a hole on one of the side panels of the case.

My friend says a dremel wont work coz its metal, and itll probably break the disc.

A local computer shop that does computer modding can do it, but its a total rip off... $45 to cut a hole no bigger than a standard size sheet of paper?!

A little help? Thanks

2. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Dremel is the only way to cut a design into a case, unless you have access to a laser cutter [​IMG]
    I used a Dremel to do both of my previous cases, and they were both hard metal.
    Check out the [H]ard|Forum's Cool Cases section, those guys there will more than glad to help you.
    Check this out: http://www.virtual-hideout.net/guide...el/index.shtml its a how-to cut a hole in your case using a dremel.

3. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

I cut off part of my car fender with a dremel, so I'm pretty sure it could handle a PC. You might try on an old case first, its never as easy as it looks.

4. Scott McC.

Scott McC. Stunt Coordinator

I second the Dremel, You could also laser cut it (not cheap) much more cleanly and accurately

5. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Thanks alot.. ill see if i can convince my friend to lemme borrow it.. or find another friend who has one...