What's new

Complete Series Photos! (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
And if you're into chonky, I give you Game of Thrones. Boy oh boy, this series sure takes up a lot of shelf space, seeing as there's only 73 episodes. Most of them were "Target Exclusives," and had additional discs of extras.

View attachment 147697

Was at Walmart several times before, and they had that series in thinner keepcase versions, and here lately, in an actual all-in-one release (if possible, I think you might want to upgrade it).

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Mad about you has a complete series box set from mill creek but seasons six and seven has not been released.the others are just shoot me and t.j hooker,has not seen their season sets,it's been released on complete series sets from shout factory.,but sadly none of those television shows haven't seen their season sets.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
VEI's all-in-one of Riptide...

20220807_142630.jpg

20220807_142642.jpg

20220807_142700.jpg

20220807_142707.jpg

20220807_142718.jpg

20220807_142725.jpg

20220807_142734.jpg

20220807_142740.jpg

20220807_142807.jpg

20220807_142852.jpg

20220807_142921.jpg

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Pretty Little Liars had a good, consistent look throughout its long run. Season 2 and 5 are fat because there were a few extras episodes those years.

Pretty Little Liars.jpg

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Gossip Girl is also pretty good...season 1 was short and the dvd was just a standard case with a slipcover. The rest had boxes:

Gossip Girl.jpg

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Excuse the glare on this one. Veronica Mars was a mostly-overlooked gem from a lot of years ago. It had three regular seasons, followed by a feature film, then a short revival series on Hulu. That revival is the blu-ray on the right...it's really a misnomer that they called it "The complete first season." It is considered to be season 4 from all quarters.

The complete epic is worth tracking down if you've never seen it.

Veronica Mars.jpg

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Revenge would have been a good dvd set if only they'd not gone cheap and left off the slipcover for the last season. This series looks like Dynasty but plays out like an almost Randian psycho-drama, owing to the bullheaded convictions of its lead character. And almost all the people on this show are downright mean! Still was a lot of fun to watch.

Revenge.jpg

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Excuse the glare on this one. Veronica Mars was a mostly-overlooked gem from a lot of years ago. It had three regular seasons, followed by a feature film, then a short revival series on Hulu. That revival is the blu-ray on the right...it's really a misnomer that they called it "The complete first season." It is considered to be season 4 from all quarters.

The complete epic is worth tracking down if you've never seen it.

View attachment 148216

Why is the short revival go (which, as you said, is mislabeled "The Complete First Season") considered to be the fourth go?

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Because it is the 4th season. There already was a first season. A show can't have two first seasons, now can it. That's why they subtitled the "second" first season (2019) so they couldn't be called complete liars.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
i think the complete season sets of buffy the vampire slayer,all 7 years on tsod,and private practice all 6 years,the mentalist has all 7 years,and this one tops them all rescue me all 7 years on tsod,it's a dynamo.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
The Riverdale collection is a bit tragic because the blu-ray sales weren't there and they dropped it starting with season 4. A shame, because the blu-ray quality was superb on this show. 4 and 5 were MOD-only and you have to order them thru Amazon. It's anybody's guess whether the last two seasons will make it onto any format. Too soon to worry--season 6 just ended a couple weeks ago, so we'll see.

Riverdale.jpg

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
The Librarians was a big fun show, but nobody watched it! I recommend it to those of you who missed "Eureka" and "Warehouse 13." Very similar to the latter and very light in tone, almost a comedy, but not quite. The collection on the far left is of the 3 tv movies that started the whole thing, then it became a regular series. This was a weird show release because instead of losing slipcovers as it went along, it actually gained them starting with season 3. The changing fonts don't do anything for its aesthetics. The series is available on blu in other regions.

Librarians.jpg

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Yes, I have all 15 seasons of Supernatural on blu. 327 episodes--whew! Does that make it the longest-running show on blu? Looks really good on a shelf except for one flaw--you notice the logo is smaller on season 3. That's because the copy I got was in a slipcover--the other 14 seasons are in boxes. I don't know what's going on--I ordered it from a third-party amazon seller years after it was made available. For all I know, it's a bootleg.

Supernatural.jpg

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Ugly Betty was the show for people who couldn't get enough of "The Devil Wears Prada." High fashion hijinks abound. The dvd releases are of very good quality. The 4th season got rather a slim volume with a slipcover however. The first 3 seasons were typical early 2000s chonk boxes.

Ugly Betty.jpg

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Revenge would have been a good dvd set if only they'd not gone cheap and left off the slipcover for the last season. This series looks like Dynasty but plays out like an almost Randian psycho-drama, owing to the bullheaded convictions of its lead character. And almost all the people on this show are downright mean! Still was a lot of fun to watch.

View attachment 148217
it's in the likes of dynasty ,melrose place,savannah,pacific palisades,and dirty sexy money.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Hooperman (we are not far from the 35th anniversary of the premiere of this 1987-89 ABC dramedy that had the late John Ritter in the title role of San Francisco Police Inspector Harry Hooperman)...

hooperman1-1.jpg

hooperman1-2.jpg

hooperman2-1.jpg

hooperman2-2.jpg

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Another series release for Chonkoholic fans. Not a "complete series" by any means, but it's the real SNL after all. Everything since has been fanfic lol. These sets really were very nice but take up a lot of room. The cardboard they used seemed to get flimsier as time went by--Season 1 remains very sturdy but season 5 here is practically falling apart. And I discovered that dust collects badly in the seams.

20220901_114104.jpg

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Still more chonk! Anchor Bay really pulled out all the stops for their 3rd Rock From the Sun releases. These all had talking boxes--none of them talk any more, I will tell you that. Would be a perfect set because some of the episodes--especially in the first couple seasons--were the syndicated prints and are missing scenes. There is an ultra-cheapo Mill Creek version which crammed all these episodes on about 8 discs. I am told the quality is awful but the missing scenes are back. With this show and with "Soap," you just can't win sometimes...
20220901_122146.jpg

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Ah, good old "Heroes." This show sure dropped off the map, didn't it. It had one of the strongest first seasons of any show ever, but then tanked very quickly. The writer's strike of 2007 hurt it badly and it never recuperated. It limped on through season 4 then NBC couldn't wait to get rid of it. Producers conned them into airing a follow up series a few years later but that thing was more problematic than anything that had aired on the regular series. All the good guys from the old series turned into a-holes, and most of the popular actors refused to appear. Producers swore that they'd bring it back again someday but I think with all these hundreds of super-hero shows around it would be redundant. Still--you watch that first season and you see all the promise...

20220901_114209.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks