What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

ClassicFlix RARE TELEVISION Thread (1 Viewer)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
To follow up what others have stated, the two Abbott And Costello Show releases are about as good as you can get. Every thing from the transfers, bonus material, and even the cover artwork are first class all the way. Thanks 3D Archive, and David at Classic Flix for making these possible

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Again, I just discovered this “ClassicFlix RARE TELEVISION thread”, today. And it rocks!!! All 9 months worth of Posts; to which I read more than half from start and will soon resume with the rest. So informative.

I have no TV show suggestions to add, but simply plan on taking each of the releases as they come. I’m surely in for a lot of fun and surprises. So much here to discover.

Last edited:

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
CASABLANCA - tv series remake of the classic film seems to have disappeared.
It's likely rotting away in Warner's vaults somewhere. Being a 10 episode series, I doubt it will ever get a physical release, but I was pleasantly shocked by Warner's Colt .45 announcement (on BD no-less), so, perhaps, anything is possible.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
There was a single episode of the 50s "Casblanca" TV series on the old special edition DVD 2-Disc release of the "Casablanca" movie.

Say, David, have you ever researched "Whirlybirds"? Years ago, the website of the company that provided the helicopters for "Whirlybirds" said that the Library of Congress had a full set of the show.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
There was a single episode of the 50s "Casblanca" TV series on the old special edition DVD 2-Disc release of the "Casablanca" movie.

Say, David, have you ever researched "Whirlybirds"? Years ago, the website of the company that provided the helicopters for "Whirlybirds" said that the Library of Congress had a full set of the show.
Looks like it's owned by CBS so it's not likely to happen.

- David

WWoD

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron Willcott
How about other drama anthology programs similar to O. Henry’s Playhouse like Studio One? The Four Star Playhouse series could use a complete and remastered set. Perhaps a collection of all surviving Matinee Theater kinescopes?

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
How about other drama anthology programs similar to O. Henry’s Playhouse like Studio One? The Four Star Playhouse series could use a complete and remastered set. Perhaps a collection of all surviving Matinee Theater kinescopes?
Thanks for the suggestion.

If some or part of the series is PD we'd definitly take a look at it, but right now we've got our hands full with 5 upcoming TV series and have many more we'd like to prioritize after that.

- David

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
I would Love to see Car 54 Where are You ? (1961-63) (60 Episodes) get a restoration and Bluray release. I watch it on Youtube and it's on the Roku channel also. It's a favorite comedy show of mine. I don't know who owns the rights to it.
CAR 54.jpg

Last edited:

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
It's likely rotting away in Warner's vaults somewhere. Being a 10 episode series, I doubt it will ever get a physical release, but I was pleasantly shocked by Warner's Colt .45 announcement (on BD no-less), so, perhaps, anything is possible.

- David

- David

- David
Ditto for seven episodes of Kings Row, starring Jack Kelly, Robert Horton, and Nan Leslie.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Studio One is CBS owned. Matinee Theatre is NBC/Universal. Decades ran a ton of Studio Ones that I recorded and Matinee Theatre surviving episodes are syndicated in the Universal Bob Hope Chrysler Theatre syndication package.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Thanks for the suggestion.

If some or part of the series is PD we'd definitly take a look at it, but right now we've got our hands full with 5 upcoming TV series and have many more we'd like to prioritize after that.

- David
Anyone for Police Call, a 1955 anthology drama based on actual criminal cases.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I would Love to see Car 54 Where are You ? (1961-63) (60 Episodes) get a restoration and Bluray release. I watch it on Youtube and it's on the Roku channel also. It's a favorite comedy show of mine. I don't know who owns the rights to it. View attachment 211265
One of my favorites -I watched it when it first ran in the early sixties and have loved it ever since. Nat Hiken was a genius, and what a cast!
I’d buy a Blu-ray set . It’s one of number of series I’d pre-order AND double dip!!

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I would Love to see Car 54 Where are You ? (1961-63) (60 Episodes) get a restoration and Bluray release. I watch it on Youtube and it's on the Roku channel also. It's a favorite comedy show of mine. I don't know who owns the rights to it. View attachment 211265
One of my favorites -I watched it when it first ran in the early sixties and have loved it ever since.
Nat Hiken was a genius-he’s responsible for Bilko too.
What a cast, and great theme song to boot!
I’d buy a Blu-ray set . It’s one of number of series I’d pre-order AND double dip

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Studio One is CBS owned. Matinee Theatre is NBC/Universal. Decades ran a ton of Studio Ones that I recorded and Matinee Theatre surviving episodes are syndicated in the Universal Bob Hope Chrysler Theatre syndication package.
Those anthology series are usually first rate, and one of the reasons people refer to that era as the “golden age of television“.
Neil, was it you who mentioned once, that People’s Choice was owned by McCaddem Productions
( ie.: George/Ronnie Burns estates,) and therefore more easily and cheaply licensed than shows owned by the networks?

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
David, have you looked into HAPPY, the 1961-62 sitcom starring Ronnie Burns, Yvonne Lime, Lloyd Corrigan and
, DorisPacker . Summer replacement for Perry Como, then picked up as a mid -season replacement. Around 26 episodes , Not a bad show and one that hasn’t been over exposed.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
David, have you looked into HAPPY, the 1961-62 sitcom starring Ronnie Burns, Yvonne Lime, Lloyd Corrigan and
, DorisPacker . Summer replacement for Perry Como, then picked up as a mid -season replacement. Around 26 episodes , Not a bad show and one that hasn’t been over exposed.
I'm aware of it, but it's likely not PD so it's not going to happen.

- David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks