What's new

ClassicFlix Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Never ordered from ClassicFlix before, but this DVD set I'm definitely getting for my brother for Christmas and now hoping for the last season of the A&C Show to come out soon as well and really wanting some more L&H stuff too!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
What a BRILLIANT offering for those of us that bought the individual sets.

For under $20 I can buy the bonus disc and get a 7-disc case to put the discs I already own into and then end up with the same collection being offered for $74.99

I couldn't hit preorder fast enough!

You couldn't hit preorder fast enough, heck I pre ordered before I posted. And agree that just the Bonus disc feature with case, is a great option,

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I, too, pre-ordered a copy of the bonus disc/case. I *almost* ordered a 2nd copy just for the case...

Now I have to figure out how I'm going to store the inserts for V1-V6 as I'm *not* tossing them out! They're too good! Maybe they can be turned into a kind of booklet...

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
What a BRILLIANT offering for those of us that bought the individual sets.

For under $20 I can buy the bonus disc and get a 7-disc case to put the discs I already own into and then end up with the same collection being offered for $74.99

I couldn't hit preorder fast enough!
CORRECTION - 09/02/22 UPDATE:

For those purchasing the stand-alone bonus disc, due to lack of supply of 7-disc Blu-ray cases, we will ship out an empty 6-disc Centennial case (with artwork) and a separate single disc Blu-ray case with it's own special "Bonus Disc" artwork.

Thanks for your support.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
ClassicFlix - Which listed contents for the BONUS DISC are being subtitled…ALL of them??

———————————————

Genre: Comedy
Line: ClassicFlix
Year: 1930
Length: 290 minutes
Released: November 15, 2022
Format: Blu-ray
Misc: NTSC, Full Screen, Black & White
Language: English (Original Language), English (Subtitled)

Synopsis

--- PLEASE NOTE ---

This item is for the BONUS DISC ONLY which is included in the Centennial Collection. It is for those who previously purchased the individual 6 volumes on Blu-ray, but may not want to buy the Complete Centennial Collection.

While the Centennial Collection is a 6-disc set, the purchase of this separate disc will come housed in a 7-disc case with the same artwork as the Centennial Collection.

It will only be available for a limited time and only here on our website.

CONTENTS:

* Presentation of the only surviving foreign language shorts in which Our Gang performed:
* Las Fantasmas (1930, When the Wind Blows performed in Spanish) - Note: Survives fully intact
* Los Cazadores de Osos (1930, Bear Shooters performed in Spanish) - Note: Only reel 2 is presented here. Image survives for both reels, but only audio survives for reel 2
* Temps d’Hiver (1930, A Tough Winter performed in French) - Note: Only reel 1 survives
* Three newly restored Our Gang silent shorts:
* The Big Show (1923)
* Dogs of War! (1923)
* Mary, Queen of Tots (1925)
* Good Old Days - The Music of Our Gang featurette
* Then and Now - A Special Tour of Our Gang Locations featurette
* Our Gang Centennial at the Hollywood Museum - Highlights from the opening day gala kicking off the Museum’s exhibit celebrating 100 years of The Little Rascals. Appearances include Leonard Maltin, Richard W. Bann, Maria Roach (Hal’s daughter) and Sidney Kibrick (Woim), the last surviving main player of the Hal Roach era
* Our Gang Reunion - Watch The Gang on "You Asked for It" television show from February 22nd, 1951 featuring Allen “Farina” Hoskins, Johnny Downs, Mickey Daniels, Joe Cobb and Jackie Condon. Also appearing is on-set teacher Fern Carter, cameraman Art Lloyd and director Bob McGowan
* A Day in the Life of Spanky and Porky - Follow Spanky and Porky around in Boulder, Colorado the week of April 1st, 1985 as they take the stage, answer questions and sign autographs as guests at the annual “Trivia Bowl” event
* The Little Rascals Jukebox - Listen to your favorite Our Gang tunes
* Image galleries
* Other rarities:
* Speed-O-Byke theater ad with Spanky
* In-theater ad announcing in-person appearance by Mary Ann Jackson featuring previously unseen outtake footage
* Excerpt of mid-1930s screen test for unknown film with Mary Ann Jackson directed by Norman Z. McLeod (no sound)
* In-theater ad announcing in-person appearance by Norman “Chubby” Chaney
* Spanky McFarland interviewed by Tommy Bond, Jr. at a plaque commemoration ceremony just outside the old location of Hal Roach Studios in Culver City, Ca.
* Art Lloyd home movies featuring Spanky and Joe Cobb (no sound)
* Commercial for MGM Our Gang
* Audition reel (filmed in the mid-1950s) from short-term, but memorable Our Gang player Jackie Lynn Taylor
Thanks for asking. Only the following bonus features have optional English subtitles (although they will be defaulted to be "on").
  • Las Fantasmas (1930, When the Wind Blows performed in Spanish) - Note: Survives fully intact
  • Los Cazadores de Osos (1930, Bear Shooters performed in Spanish) - Note: Only reel 2 is presented here. Image survives for both reels, but only audio survives for reel 2
  • Temps d’Hiver (1930, A Tough Winter performed in French) - Note: Only reel 1 survives
  • A Day in the Life of Spanky and Porky
  • Spanky McFarland interviewed by Tommy Bond, Jr.
- David

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie

For those purchasing the stand-alone bonus disc, due to lack of supply of 7-disc Blu-ray cases, we will ship out an empty 6-disc Centennial case (with artwork) and a separate single disc Blu-ray case with it's own special "Bonus Disc" artwork.

Thanks for your support.

- David
Just curious - I own the individual releases and pre-ordered the bonus disc...

It's indicated the "Centennial" edition discs were re-authored for the bonus material. Were the episodes re-organized onto 5 discs with the 6th being the new "bonus disc" or were the items on the bonus disc added across the existing discs?

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
Just curious - I own the individual releases and pre-ordered the bonus disc...

It's indicated the "Centennial" edition discs were re-authored for the bonus material. Were the episodes re-organized onto 5 discs with the 6th being the new "bonus disc" or were the items on the bonus disc added across the existing discs?
Thanks for asking.

The former: the 80 shorts that were on 6 discs have been re-authored to be on 5 discs. The 6th disc is all bonus features. The only exception is Leonard Maltin's introduction which is on the first disc.

- David

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Thanks for your support.

- David

I wonder. Is there enough space in the 6-disc case to just put the bonus disc into a good sleeve as additional insert in that case (and forego using the separate 1-disc case you're also providing)?

I'd like to save some storage space and also prefer not to have the separate 1-disc case "dangling" loose/about just for the bonus disc.

OR maybe if that separate 1-disc case is just a very thin/low-profile, extra slim case I could maybe just somehow stick/attach to the bigger 6-disc case, LOL?

_Man_

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven
I wonder. Is there enough space in the 6-disc case to just put the bonus disc into a good sleeve as additional insert in that case (and forego using the separate 1-disc case you're also providing)?

I'd like to save some storage space and also prefer not to have the separate 1-disc case "dangling" loose/about just for the bonus disc.

OR maybe if that separate 1-disc case is just a very thin/low-profile, extra slim case I could maybe just somehow stick/attach to the bigger 6-disc case, LOL?

_Man_
Those slim 6mm single-disc Blu cases are quite convenient, and still manage to hold a conventionally-sized cover art insert. I purchased 6mm cases and moved all my single-disc titles to the slimmer cases, saving a significant amount of shelf space.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Those slim 6mm single-disc Blu cases are quite convenient, and still manage to hold a conventionally-sized cover art insert. I purchased 6mm cases and moved all my single-disc titles to the slimmer cases, saving a significant amount of shelf space.

Yeah, but not sure I wanna invest in that many case replacements though (plus end up w/ tons of plastic waste). I could certainly see doing that for broken cases and maybe a smaller minority of loose sets bought as separates (like all my James Bond BDs) that I don't necessarily want to switch to multi-disc cases I guess and also don't mind being harder to find (w/ the narrower, harder-to-scan/read spines) since they'd be taking up space organized together as sets -- would probably recycle those standard-size cases as replacements for broken ones.

The worst offenders are the many UK import cases and some older Disney ones that are extra wide for no particularly good reason... and not sure their covers will fit or look ok in such 6mm cases -- fortunately, I don't have quite that many of those. Actually, Criterion also tended to use wider cases.

For some cases like this one, I'd probably also want clear (instead of blue) cases to match, but anyway, if I'm getting the bonus disc w/ clear multi-disc case, I'm not sure a 6mm clear case would be quite slim enough for what I'm thinking/wanting (to attach to the multi-disc case)...

_Man_

Last edited:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I've redone my Custom Cover to accommodate a 7-disc case (from my supply). I've also replaced the front image with the 'official' image.

I've also re-done the booklet. It is not complete, as I may re-do the Bonus Features page to incorporate any artwork on the special disc case.

Assembling the booklet was very intensive - double-sided printing, precise cutting and folding, stapling in the correct position. (and the disc descriptions match the original six disc, not the newly configured five disc from the all-in-one).

Little Rascals7HTF.JPG

Attachments

• Little Rascals Booklet.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 40

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
There are over four hours of bonus features on our upcoming The Little Rascals - The Complete Collection (Centennial Edition), and with production wrapping up, here's a sneak peek at clips from "Las Fantasmas", the Spanish version of When the Wind Blows (1930).

Of the four foreign language Our Gang shorts produced simultaneously with the English language versions by Hal Roach, this is the only film that survives in a complete form.

ENJOY!

- David

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
@ClassicFlix ,

David, is there anything new concerning that early 60's TV show you spoke about a good while ago? Or about the top tier B list Western star films ClassicFlix is going to release?

Thanks!

Gary "good news about The A&C Show Season 2 prepping for pre-orders" O.

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
@ClassicFlix ,

David, is there anything new concerning that early 60's TV show you spoke about a good while ago? Or about the top tier B list Western star films ClassicFlix is going to release?

Thanks!

Gary "good news about The A&C Show Season 2 prepping for pre-orders" O.
It still has not been finalized, but what I can tell you is we've received some scans from 35mm and they look pristine (like they haven't been touched in 60 years).

We hope to finalize the deal soon, but won't announce it until all the episodes are scanned. That likely won't be until later this year or early next.

- David

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
It still has not been finalized, but what I can tell you is we've received some scans from 35mm and they look pristine (like they haven't been touched in 60 years).

We hope to finalize the deal soon, but won't announce it until all the episodes are scanned. That likely won't be until later this year or early next.

- David

Thanks for the update. You guys are the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks