What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Charlie's Angels season 3 (1 Viewer)

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Last night I was watching an episode of Charlie's Angels, and it got me wondering as to why season three isn't out.I could think of no other reason than season two didn't sell very well.Does anybody else know this to be the case?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
that we got a second season at all seems a minor miracle considering how poorly S1 moved, from what i gather.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
If that is the case, do you mean to tell me that Sanford and Son and Good Times are vastly outselling Charlie's Angels?

DaveK

Second Unit

Imagine if that's true. Then they're also outselling The Jeffersons and All in the Family.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Thank god I'm not the only one waiting for news about future Charlie's Angels releases. I have been emailing Sony for months regarding this..only to be denied a response.

I Also find that hard to believe..Could it be that people would rather watch J.J Walker & Fred Samson than the stunning Angels??

Say it isn't true..

If Dave or Gord is reading this..does it look as if there is any hope for future releases??

I Urge everyone who wants more C/A to email Sony and tell them!!

DaveK

Second Unit
I saw that episode a long time ago on TV Land. It was very good.

I wonder if Sony has realized that Season 3 should be on DVD as soon as possible. I wonder if there are any legal/music rights issues?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Are there any more CA movies in the works? That could be a reason for a delay.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Count me in, too, for season 3!

BTW, I also just watched "Disco Angels" from my tapes a few days ago. There must be a lot of nostaglia for Freddie's Disco going around. Also, Cheryl Ladd's been making the rounds on the tv talk shows lately plugging her new book, so that might have something to do with it.

Also, Starsky and Hutch is up to season 3, so it must be selling better than Angels.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I thought this thread was an announcement and I got all worked up. :frowning: Well, I'll keep e-mailing Sony to get a season 3. There was a website who almost single-handedly got the 2nd season released. I'll try and find it and provide a link.

Edit - found the website. Here's the link

http://www.charliesangels.com/update.html

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
According to the release info,on tvshowsondvd.comseason one came out in May 2003,season two came out in April of 2004 which means,if you follow the logical pattern,that season three should have came out in March of this year.However,seeing how this is a Sony product,it doesn't surprise me that we haven't heard anything,about a release,yet,as Sony is anything but consistent in that department.Remember the big gap between releases of the Jeffersons?Perhaps Sony will follow the pattern,somehwat,and release season 3 in March 2006,but I hope much sooner.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
no there isn't going to be any pattern here.

if a new movie got made, than , maybe, we might see a S3.
barring that, there isn't any reason for Columbia to release this.
Starsky & Hutch is a perfect example.
i think they've released 3 seasons since CA S2 came out.

that should tell you all you need to know right there.

Richie C.

Stunt Coordinator

It's one of my favorite episodes because my close friend's father (Peter MacLean) guest-starred in that one as...Freddie! He also appeared as the special guest villian in a few other CA episodes. I REALLY want all 5 seasons on DVD...and as for Sanford & Son: blech.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter

That's awesome! How is he these days? Is he still acting and did he share any remembrances of the Angels?

BTW, I live close to the park in Marina del Rey where most of that episode was filmed. Still looks the same. Freddie's Disco is actually a huge boat that's docked in the park! I think its now owned by the Boy Scouts headquarters.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

I couldn't have said it better myself!!
I still think that there is enough of a fanbase for this show to justify future releases. If everyone who viewed this post emaied SOny, asking them for more releases, then maybe it would work!!

Here's the email address that I have been using:

[email protected]

good luck everyone!!:emoji_thumbsup:

Richie C.

Stunt Coordinator

That is so cool. Here in NYC, very little still looks the same as it did in the 70's or even the 80's. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks