What's new

Center channel mount for medium sized tv (1 Viewer)

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
I am about to buy either a 40" lcd or 50" dlp. My problem is that my center channel speaker, which fit so neatly on top of my old 32" crt, needs to be mounted on the tv. The speaker unit is not that heavy and is 9 inches wide by 5 inches deep. The only mount I have been able to locate that looks remotely like what I need is an Omnimount product sold at CC which is 19" wide and 15 inches deep... almost comically too large.

Can anyone suggest a mounting option which is more appropriate and hopefully won't detract from the sleekness of my new set.... and where I can find it? I don't want to mount the speaker on the wall and the only other concept would be some sort of pedastal device to stand directly behind and above the set. There are book shelves to the either side of the tv area which hold the left and right front speakers.

Thanks guys.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.

pink

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
roger walters
Check out Z-Clips, Monarch makes them. Just search for Z-Clips, they are great for flush mount. I use them on speakers that are almost 30# and very inexpensive, I think 20 clips are $16.99 plus shipping. You can even hang kitchen cabinets with these things.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
........or operate your HT system in phantom center mode.

With just a few button pushes - voila! - no center speaker at all to mess with. Only people waaaaay off to the side of the monitor will notice center-sourced sounds will not be emanating directly from the center of the image.

This is how I have operated my system the past six years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks