Hooked up my new Axioms....First impressions.

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Anthony Chiu, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Anthony Chiu

Anthony Chiu Agent

Today I received my new Axiom package.
    I purchased 2 M3ti's for fronts,along with the brackets to mount on the wall left and right behind my 65" TV 1 center VP100, 2 Qs4's, and the EP175 powered sub.
    The setup is in a medium sized basement room (16x13), with carpeting.
    The first thing I noticed were the various sounds that went undetected while using my "old" "theater in a box".

Besides that, I found the Axioms to be very nuetral in sound quality. Never glaring, or over-bearing. The sound depth was evident, and the Omin-directional QS4 surrounds are fabulous, giving the room a total sense of "surrounded sound". The VP100 center channel sounds crystal clear, and seems to follow the various voice tones nicely. The speakers have a sense of wider dynamic range. The "highs" blasted my walls, while the silent whispers were clearly heard. The EP175 Sub sounded flat when I placed it next to the TV, near the front "theater". It totally filled the room, when I placed the sub in the "right rear" corner. closer to the surrounds.

For anyone considering a fairly small/medium speaker system, instead of "micros", should give a look to the Axioms.

2. Ryan_Becker

Ryan_Becker Auditioning

nice review, i am planning on getting all of those except the sub