What's new

Carver av505 (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
This amp is being sold for an amazing price right now (as found in coupons section) and I was wondering if anyone had it? I only see mention of 8 ohm ratings, so could this amp handle 4 or 6 ohm loads? Any first hand experience would be much appreciated.

CurtisC

Second Unit
This amp can handle 4ohms w/nooo problem,and its a great amp.I sold mine several yrs ago and my buds still using it.At $350 or less jump on it.

SolomonP

Grip
I cannot comment on the sound quality simply because I have it connected to (what I consider to be) horrible speakers, and I know that it is being limited by them.

What I can say is that I bought mine at the tail end of 1998 as a floor sample from Circuit City (when they closed out their Carver equipment). It has been through frequent moves and infrequent dusting with daily use (albeit at well below-reference level volumes) and lousy power. IT HAS BEEN COMPLETELY TROUBLE FREE.

Gabriela Mendez

Stunt Coordinator
Easy. Buy it!

I have the 505 with an HK DPR1001. I really didn't like the "digital" amps that much and kept the DPR1001 as a preamp. The 505 is great. Buy it! Buy it NOW!

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
That is a great price. I used to own one. I have a pair of B&W DM630s 4ohm that were chocked by my Sony ES receiver. I ran the pre-outs to the 505 and the sound was muich better.
A bargan amp that is quite good.
Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks