What's new

Carver AV505 $288 at onecall (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
O.K. right to the point, does anyone have 300 bucks I can borrow :). That's a deal that make you say ooohhh.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
You may want to think twice before you go for this one.

1) There are some receivers that will give you 80X5 for $300.

2) Carver has been out of business for years. Sunfire might help on a Carver product but why have to even think about getting parts and service if something goes wrong?

Just not worth it IMHO.

Artie

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
It does say that it comes with an extended 5 year NSI warranty. Does that change your mind at all?

Chris S.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Chris

It is interesting that the Carver is the only multichannel amp that One Call lists that comes with the 5 year warranty.

Before I completed my first post on this amp, I found a web site that has people desperately seeking parts for Carver products.

This thing is an orphan right out of the box. What good is a 5 year warranty if the parts are not available?

Also, it usually cost a couple hundred bucks for a 5 year warranty. You can be sure that NSI is not going to lose any money on this extended warranty.

I would anticipate that NSI simply will not have the parts to fix it and the buyer is out shipping costs.

On the other hand it may be a great deal.

Artie

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
My friend has owned about 5 Carver amps and all of them have had problems. Expect it to go into the service shop atleast Once or Twice during the Warranty period and then you have to hope you can get parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks