What's new

Can anybody confirm if the entr'acte music for CLEOPATRA has been fixed? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I think there is a pick your battle situation here.Is it really worth your aggravation because the entre acte is at the end of disc two and not the beginning of disc one or visa versa?As Moe has said, it still appears at the same place.Also Moe mentioned that he already has the U.K. Version.I have the U.S. version coming fromFox next week.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
TonyD said:
I think there is a pick your battle situation here.Is it really worth your aggravation because the entre acte is atthe end of disc two and not the beginning of disc one or visa versa?As Moe has said, it still appears at the same place.Also Moe mentioned that he already has the U.K. Version.
Yes, it is worth the aggravation, because a simple chapter stop placed after the entr'acte on disc two will satisfy everybody. Those who want to replicate the theatrical experience can do so, and those who want to jump right into the film can do so by skipping chapter one. Everyone's happy. Done. There's no excuse for sloppy mastering and thankfully they've finally gotten it right.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Sloppy mastering, hasn't it already been mentioned it's in what's considered the proper place on the U.s. disc?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Moe Dickstein said:
TonyD and Moe, it's simple, get the UK disc and go with it. I have read many threads about correct aspect ratio and Blu-rays that do not look like film. I am for the correct aspect ratio and for the transfer to look like film. I also want movies released on DVD or Blu-Ray to emulate as much as possible the original theatrical experience. And the Entr'acte played before the start of part two is correct. It was there to to bring the audience into the mood for the rest of the film. The break occurs before the Entr'acte not after. It's just that plain and simple.
I have the UK disc, have had it for over a year.I get irritated at this particular complaint because it is SO petty and unimportant. The Entr'acte was there so that you had time to get back to your seat before the curtain, it wasnt like they waited until everyone was settled in and then started the music. When there are discs with REAL problems it seems like wasted energy to spend pages and pages across 5 threads bitching about THIS.
What is petty to you is not to me and others. We gripe and complain about all sorts of things. I just want the experience that was at the theatre and if I expect the proper Aspect Ratio and and a good transfer then I also expect it to presented right. Yes you are right the the Entr'acte called people back to the theatre but also was used as a mood piece. But, Lol for something you think is petty you seem to be stirring it. And I mean this statement in a joking friendly way.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
TonyD said:
Sloppy mastering, hasn't it already been mentioned it's in what's considered the proper place on the U.s. disc?
Yes. I'm perfectly happy with the disc as it's now presented in the US. No complaints here.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Well, can we just rename this thread "First World Problems on Blu-Ray?" Or better yet drop it entirely, since they're talking about that damn entr'acte on two other Cleopatra threads?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Mark B said:
Get a second player and cue up disc two while you wait for the Entr'Acte to end. Simple.
I was going to suggest that, you beat me to it. :ph34r:

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
If I was sitting in a theater in the sixties watching a roadshow film, [which I have done many times] and the overture to the second half played right after the intermission title with no break I would wonder if the projectionist had one too many drinks the night before.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
You are the projectionist in your own home theater. You can organize the film's content to your heart's content. If the placement on the UK discs is such a problem, you can easily rip the entr'acte and play it before the second half of the movie. Just play a simple CD as the curtains open across your screen. Problem solved.

What? No curtains across your screen? Then you aren't replicating the full roadshow experience...

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
A thing worth doing is worth doing correctly. If including the overture, entr'acte, etc was important enough to do, it should have been done correctly. I for one am not bothered much by it and will not be getting the US version. But, I am glad they fixed it. I think there has been just as much 'complaining about complainers' in this thread as there has been complaining about the entr'acte.I am even less bothered by window-boxing of credits. I wish they'd stop doing them, but I don't lose sleep over it.I really like the idea of having chapter stops to separate overtures and entr'actes from the main titles and resumptions of part twos. I like that the option is there to 'recreate the theater experience', but sometimes I just want to get on with the movie. Just like the Warner Night at the Movies features that I can skip or watch if I want.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Uh I do have curtains over my screen along with lights that dim down. So I try to do it right. I use this as my guide. http://www.widescreenmuseum.com/widescreen/roadshow_presentation.htm

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
20130525_171653_zpsad2e30c9.jpg

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
ahollis said:
Uh I do have curtains over my screen along with lights that dim down. So I try to do it right.
I use this as my guide.
http://www.widescreenmuseum.com/widescreen/roadshow_presentation.htm
Reading that link reminded me of an experience I had in a multiplex one time (obviously not a roadshow). While the credits were rolling the entire theater emptied out except for me as I always watch the entire film. While the film was still running the staff turned on the overhead lights, and I mean the really bright ones that would normally never be used while patrons are present. The staff swarmed in and started cleaning the theater. I was mortified, could they not see I was still trying to watch the movie, which was now pointless as the screen was totally washed out with the bright lights. Absolutely no concept of showmanship.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Mark-P said:
Uh I do have curtains over my screen along with lights that dim down. So I try to do it right.
I use this as my guide.
http://www.widescreenmuseum.com/widescreen/roadshow_presentation.htm
Reading that link reminded me of an experience I had in a multiplex one time (obviously not a roadshow). While the credits were rolling the entire theater emptied out except for me as I always watch the entire film. While the film was still running the staff turned on the overhead lights, and I mean the really bright ones that would normally never be used while patrons are present. The staff swarmed in and started cleaning the theater. I was mortified, could they not see I was still trying to watch the movie, which was now pointless as the screen was totally washed out with the bright lights. Absolutely no concept of showmanship.
And that is inexcusable. It is against the policy of the circuit I am with for lights to be turned up more than half way and an employee to to enter the theatre until the final credit leaves the screen. They are to stand at the exit and greet the guests as they leave then enter to to clean theatre when lights are up and movie has finished. Nothing worse than what you experienced.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Theater I recently worked at has he same policy.Lights don't go,p until credits are done. Ushers stand outside the theater or near the door until credits are done.Someone will get into serious trouble if they go in to clean up and/or turn on the lights before then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks