What's new

cable in stereo (1 Viewer)

Mikey L

Agent
i currently loop my cable through my VCR. since it is an old VCR (not hi-fi, no s-video), i'm not going to be able to get cable in dolby surround. right now i need to set my input on my reciever (yamaha rxv-620) to VCR1 to get any sound from cable...is there a way to bypass my VCR or do i need to upgrade to a newer model to get cable in stero?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If your cable comes through a set top box, then it probably has at least composite stereo out. If your VCR has composite stereo out, then that would give you stereo, but you would still have to turn on the VCR to hear it.
You could use composite audio from the TV, if it is so equiped. Then anything you had on the TV could be heard through the stereo, but the sound tends to be a bit distorted when looping from some TVs (depends on the TV).
I don't think there is an easy way to extract the audio from a coax cable system cable.
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, inate desire on the part of every organism, to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Honda/Acura Club ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)
[Edited last by John Garcia on July 17, 2001 at 03:37 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks