What's new

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - The Series Challenge (1 Viewer)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Typing of Dave Boreanaz, what do you guys think of the current "Bones" series? I haven't seen it yet but from what I've read, I'm surprised the writers haven't hooked up his FBI guy with Emily Deschanel's character. A good looking woman like her is hard to resist! :)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

Bones is an awesome show! I watched the whole season... and would love to see the show come out on DVD. When it comes to him and Emily Deschanel's character... I would imagine it is only a matter of time.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'd still rather wait, but seeing as all you Buffy nerds have zero will power (I mean, sheesh, many of you have already cheated? What's wrong with you?), I well concede. So we start on May 29, as Wendy originally suggested?

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
It dosen't matter to me if we start now or later. If people don't have the sets yet then we should definetly wait though.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

well, with all due respect, you also are in the "I will NEVER watch season 4-7 of Buffy again" field so it goes both ways.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

well, why not do it when I have the free time? In 40 weeks, I might be working more and plus I'm still in school, so right now I have more free time than I do during the semesters.

Matt Hobbes

Agent
I might have to catch up a bit, but if everyone one wants to start Monday, that's cool with me. I'll be caught up by disc 2:)

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Ok, we will start on Monday, May 29th with Season 1 Disc 1

"Welcome to the Hellmouth"
"The Harvest"
"Witch"
"Teacher's Pet"

Just let us know when you watch the episode and then go ahead and give us your thoughts and comments.

And for all of those who have their PhD in BvTS Philosophy, feel free to write your 60 pg essay papers fully equipped with index, footnotes and appendices. Just try to keep your fights to a minimum. I would hate to see someone get their pocket protector broken. :D

BTW, I want to remind everyone that this is a casual thread so feel free to watch ahead if you like, the 1 disc per week is more for me than anyone else so I will accountable to something. But if you do watch ahead, just try to hold your thoughts and comments until we get to those episodes. Ok? Okay.

Now let's go watch some "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"!

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

Way to put words in my mouth that I never spoke....

I said I won't to that 'alternating episodes' thing again because of the hassle, and I DO NOT OWN seasons 4-7 - that doesn't mean I won't ever see them again...there's always reruns of those seasons anyway.

I like seasons 4, 5, and 7. Season 6 had its few moments, but that's the only season I flat-out don't like.

Don't misquote me next time.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
well, you did say you'd never own those seasons on DVD, which is no different than those of us who watched Angel on WB/TNT but don't really have any immediate plans to revisit the show on DVD. Why is there a difference? I see no difference whatsoever.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

You see no difference in not owning something vs. not watching something? So if it came down to money - not being able to afford to get a DVD set, that means you will never watch it - via rentals or television? What if you like it but don't think it's something you will watch very often?

Considering the fact that you intentionally misread what I said, along with avoiding my initial question, I'd have to guess at whether or not you just like arguing about this.

One more thing - I think of the shows as separate.

Most people - and going by your comments in the past, yourself included - think of them as deeply connected. My initial question was for those people.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
actually, I might eventually pick Angel up if Joss and Fox comes out with a big box set like they did with Buffy. I have actually considered getting the sets before but I have a feeling that if I hold off, I'll save more money in the process if/when a box set similar to the Chosen Collection comes out and might revisit the series then. But for now, my DVD collection is Angel-less.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Hell, even I thought about getting that Chosen Collection- once I actually saw it sitting on store shelves up close. Even in Canadian dollars, it was a good price for an entire series. At the time however, I didn't have the money for it, and I have no regrets saving a little more for the complete DS9 set.

Duncan_N

Stunt Coordinator
1. Wendy L. - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to rewatch Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

2. Eric Meske. - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to rewatch Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

3. Scott-S - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I do not own Angel but have watched all of it all via Netflix once.

4. Pete Battista - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to rewatch Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

5. ethanTo - I have seen Buffy seasons 1-3 - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to 'watch' Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

6. Nicholas Martin - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching seasons 1 - 3 only - I will switch to ANGEL after S3 of Buffy is over (I do not own Buffy Seasons 4 - 7)

7. Russell G - I have seen Season 1& most of season 2 of Buffy - I plan on watching the whole damn thing - I plan on watching Angel as well, provided my peep doesn't welch on letting me borrow his copy.

8. John Williamson - I have seen the entire series of 'Buffy' and I plan to participate in the challege. I have seen maybe three eps of 'Angel' yet I plan to watch the entire series at my ealiest conveniance, I will also participate in the discussions on that as well.

9. Jay B - I plan to participate in the challenge. I will watch seasons 1-7 of Buffy but have no current interest in revisiting Angel

10. Mark Kalzer - Have seen all of Buffy & Angel, and would like to revisit both.

11. Johnny S - I hope I am not too late to join in on this. I really just got into Buffy last summer & wanted to revisit it. I own & have seen the whole series. I own & have seen Angel Seasons 1-4 & Want to get season 5 soon, but don't plan on re-watching Angel yet

12. Matt H. - I have seen all 7 seasons. I would like to revisit Buffy seasons 1-7. I have seen most of Angel, but I don't own any seasons.. Prob won't watch Angel.

13. Duncan_N - I've seen all seasons of Buffy. I will watch S1-7 again as part of the challenge. No real interest in re-visiting Angel although have seen all 5 seasons.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Okay, Monday is the big start. So how are you all planning on watching? 1 a day? As much as your eyes can take?

I plan on watching one a day at work over lunch (5 episodes a week, mon-fri, barring holidays). My co-worker, P!, is a Buffy fanatic and well be watching these with me. I'm watching them pretty much blind with an admittedly skeptical view that they are actually going to be any good. I plan on posting a review a day, per episode, with the exceptions being 2 part episodes which will have a combined review.

I suspect that this thread well take a pretty big jump in quality with my reportage, so you all might want to use these forthcoming posts as the jump point for your discussions.

Hugs,
RussellG
;)

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
is it too late to join? granted I am in the process of watching the series for the first time (watched the brilliant "Hush" last night) but I'll gladly start over for this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks