What's new

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - The Series Challenge (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I wish that HBO would do this for their shows, I love The Sopranos and the ONLY reason they are not in my collection is the price. I simply refuse to pay $100.00 for a single season which only comprises 13 or so episodes. :thumbsdown:

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
guys, I cheated...

I just started with "Prophecy Girl" tonight... I've seen season 1 so many times already that I have been aching to start Buffy again but not bother with the (IMO) lackluster first season except for the finale

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
It's been 3 years since I've seen a single episode of Buffy, and if it weren't for this thread - something interesting to participate in - I'd probably never see the series ever again.

Perhaps this thread will help me to appreciate it a little more.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

LOL, that's cool, Wendy and I have already watched 'Welcome to the Hellmouth' and 'The Harvest', but that's where we've stopped until the challenge starts.

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, HBO has already started to discount the Sopranos I think, I see the first season, two, or three at Best Buy for a price tag more like 50 bucks these days. (The existing ones I mean, not repackaging them)

As for the X=Files extras, I really don't care at all. :P But they sure better not have any more of those nightmares like I saw in the X-Files THE TRIANGLE DISASTER! thread on this board.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

No problem, Jay. Contrary to popular belief, and the way the members are already duking it out, this is a casual thread. Like I said before, the main reason I started this thread was to just give people a reason to rewatch the series again. Don't feel like you have to participate in every discussion about every episode.

And now I'm gonna put in my $.02 about this Buffy v. Angel debate. THAT IS YOUR OPINION and you have every right to it but don't except other people to feel the same way you do. Personally, I liked both series and for different reasons. And if you don't like it, well, then... :P pffphttpht

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

yep, I watched Welcome To The Hellmouth/The Harvest/The Witch a couple months ago with a friend so I don't feel like watching those right away after 100 times, when I am longing to watch the better (IMO) seasons

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
one thing I always love when I introduce a friend to Buffy, like what happened when I watched the first three episodes with someone a couple months back.

"Angel.... is that the guy who had his own series or was that a different Angel?". I hear that ALL THE TIME!! lol. I always thought that was common knowledge.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I love introducing people to a good show. I just introduced John W to three of them! And it looks like he's gonna check out "Angel" as well.

I can't wait for June 5th to get here so we can get started!! I'm excited!!!

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John

lol I got my dad to watch the Buffy pilot, & he asked that too. Actually, before I got into Buffy I knew of the show Angel, but didn't know it was a spinoff of Buffy.

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
We should just start now.. :P

The ball is rolling, I think everyone is ready to go. Did anyone who 'signed on' to participate already need to wait until May 5 or whatever to buy the slimpak? I think everyone already has it. :P

[edit] actually i should probably just keep my mouth shut, since I'm the one whose post started the 'to spoil or not to spoil.' that is the question :P

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
one thing you gotta say... considering a recent thread a few weeks ago talking about how all modern day shows suck singled about Buffy and Angel as "crap shows", one can say that apparently they're proven wrong when the "challenge" isn't even supposed to start for another two weeks and already there's six pages on it. If Buffy and Angel were truly "crap" shows, I don't think they would keep managing to incite so much excitement on the boards, even after two years since the last episode of Angel aired.

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John

I already cheated. I just watched the first two episdoes though, so I'll try to wait until we all start. (; Ohh the temptation. BTW it was just as enjoyable as the first time.

Matt Hobbes

Agent
1. Wendy L. - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to rewatch Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

2. Eric Meske. - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to rewatch Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

3. Scott-S - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I do not own Angel but have watched all of it all via Netflix once.

4. Pete Battista - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to rewatch Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

5. ethanTo - I have seen Buffy seasons 1-3 - I plan on watching all 7 seasons - I would like to 'watch' Angel when S3 of Buffy is over.

6. Nicholas Martin - I have seen the entire series of Buffy - I plan on watching seasons 1 - 3 only - I will switch to ANGEL after S3 of Buffy is over (I do not own Buffy Seasons 4 - 7)

7. Russell G - I have seen Season 1& most of season 2 of Buffy - I plan on watching the whole damn thing - I plan on watching Angel as well, provided my peep doesn't welch on letting me borrow his copy.

8. John Williamson - I have seen the entire series of 'Buffy' and I plan to participate in the challege. I have seen maybe three eps of 'Angel' yet I plan to watch the entire series at my ealiest conveniance, I will also participate in the discussions on that as well.

9. Jay B - I plan to participate in the challenge. I will watch seasons 1-7 of Buffy but have no current interest in revisiting Angel

10. Mark Kalzer - Have seen all of Buffy & Angel, and would like to revisit both.

11. Johnny S - I hope I am not too late to join in on this. I really just got into Buffy last summer & wanted to revisit it. I own & have seen the whole series. I own & have seen Angel Seasons 1-4 & Want to get season 5 soon, but don't plan on re-watching Angel yet

12. Matt H. - I have seen all 7 seasons. I would like to revisit Buffy seasons 1-7. I have seen most of Angel, but I don't own any seasons.. Prob won't watch Angel.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'll repost most of what I said in the other thread, see what kind of response it gets:

For all the comments that people make about how both shows are so deeply connected, there's an awful lot of bias against the spinoff, as well as people who haven't even seen it at all, and in some cases don't want to...If they're supposedly one and the same, why ignore one and praise the other like crazy?

Can anyone explain that?

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I want to start now too but someone said they wanted to wait. But I think the majority wants to start now. I guess if that is the only person who wants to wait, well, they can just get caught up.

Show of hands, who wants to get started with the first 4 episodes right now?

Wendy L - ME!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks