What's new

Brothers and Sisters - season 4 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Ah, I see. I knew he was quitting B&S. And I guess he felt he wasn't being used well there. Good luck to him then on P&R.

What's Kitty going to do now? I had thought they might kill their adopted baby too while they were at it.

Interesting now they've made Sol HIV positive. That sort of came out of nowhere.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kitty's going to collect some serious life insurance, and win in a landslide from the sympathy vote.

Saul...really? If they were going to go down that road, put Kevin's partner in that role.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Why give anyone AIDS on the show? Not all gay people have AIDS and surely they could have thought of something else for Saul to do.

A gay man dating in his 60's? Much more interesting than a Gay Man who has lived most of his life in the closet, finally comes out and finds out he gets AIDS. I expected more from Brothers and Sisters.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Just so I'm clear, does Saul have HIV or AIDS? Is there no longer a distinction? The way I understood it, HIV means you have the virus. AIDS means you're sick. The example I used to hear is Magic Johnson is HIV+, but he never had AIDS.

Anyway, I don't know how to answer the question posed other than to say it's a drama and dramas must find ways to milk the drama. Not all people who come home from war have PTSD. Not all people who get cancer lose their hair. Not all women who date younger men end up getting bilked by men who were only interested in them for money. The list goes on. But these are opportunities for drama the audience can quickly identify with, so they're what receives the writer's attention.

Add to that, it can be considered a kind of PSA, since I've seen news about the elderly having really increasing rates of various STD's. Not just the gay elderly, but all elderly.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikel_Cooperman

Why give anyone AIDS on the show? Not all gay people have AIDS and surely they could have thought of something else for Saul to do.

A gay man dating in his 60's? Much more interesting than a Gay Man who has lived most of his life in the closet, finally comes out and finds out he gets AIDS. I expected more from Brothers and Sisters.

I'm right with you on that. This storyline feels like a desperate shot in the dark to give Saul something meaningful to do more than to use as a springboard for better stories.

Frankly, I'm expecting next season to be the last for the show. The fourth season was scattered in terms of plot and quality. The finale was even worse, spending inordinate amounts of time with stories that aren't going to amount to a hill of beans next year. And please don't get me started on the entire "accident" in the end. Poorly written and terribly edited.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks