Senior HTF Member
- Nov 28, 2011
- Real Name
I am very much looking forward to seeing this film whenever it is safe to do that. However, if she refuses to go to a streamer, the wait could be a very long time. Italy and Germany just closed theaters again. France could be next. The rate of cases in the United States is out of control. If this actually does open in April, which seems unlikely to me, I'm not going.
If Broccoli and MGM want to sit on the film for another year or however long until we have an effective vaccine widely distributed, that is their choice to make. I would certainly go see this in the theater after a vaccine. However, this situation has gone on for so long already and has no end in sight. Once they decide they can't do the April date, I wonder if they just kick it down the pike again or if they might feel differently about exploring other options for putting it out.
Perhaps Broccoli is also betting on the "scarcity" factor and pent-up demand will still be there (or higher), in kicking the can further into the future.