Bond 25 - "No Time to Die" (2021)

Which studio/company do you want to co-finance and distribute Bond 25?

• Warner Bros.

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Sony Pictures

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • 20th Century Fox

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Universal Pictures

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Annapurna Pictures

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Apple

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Amazon

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Sam Favate

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Moonraker was the second Bond movie I saw; I was also 12. I loved it.

I just showed it to my kids, who are 11. One of them said it is tied with Goldfinger for his favorite.

Most fans' objections to Moonraker stem from the outer space stuff, but that's really only a small portion of the movie. The first 3/4 of the movie is a great spy adventure, with locales never seen in a movie before. (Did you know Moonraker was the first time Iguazu Falls was in a movie?)

I found I still enjoy it.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I still like Moonraker - that and Golden Gun are my favorite of the Moore films. I’ve never thought Live And Let Die is a good movie and yet I still find it pretty easy to watch. It’s the slower paced, more serious Moore films that I have difficulty sitting through. I know it’s a fan favorite but For Your Eyes Only feels like it’s eight hours long to me.

Reactions: Osato

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Maybe the delays will finally kill MGM for good, which I think would be a good thing.
I dunno.

The question is if there are any covenants or "poison pills" in the contract(s) between MGM and the Bond franchise, where MGM automatically loses all the rights to James Bond if MGM files for bankruptcy.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I dunno.

The question is if there are any covenants or "poison pills" in the contract(s) between MGM and the Bond franchise, where MGM automatically loses all the rights to James Bond if MGM files for bankruptcy.
I would expect Apple or Netflix or one of the legacy media companies to gobble it up and acquire the rights, well half the rights.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Another hypothetical possibility, is if Facebook is planning on moving into the movie/tv show business.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Most fans' objections to Moonraker stem from the outer space stuff, but that's really only a small portion of the movie.
I think it's a terrible movie, and I don't even really mention the outer space stuff in my review!

Reactions: Mikael Soderholm

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I still like Moonraker - that and Golden Gun are my favorite of the Moore films. I’ve never thought Live And Let Die is a good movie and yet I still find it pretty easy to watch. It’s the slower paced, more serious Moore films that I have difficulty sitting through. I know it’s a fan favorite but For Your Eyes Only feels like it’s eight hours long to me.
"Live and Let Die" seems to have a pretty good reputation, but I never got into it beyond thinking it's okay. Moore plays Bond at his prissiest - can you imagine Connery in that scene where Bond makes espresso? - it's fairly mediocre overall:

Reactions: Josh Steinberg

Tommy R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tommy
I used to dislike Moonraker a lot, but in recent years have found some things to like about it. It’s a positively beautiful film to look at between the locales and cinematography in general. And combine that with the wonderful music score, I can easily sit and watch it and enjoy myself.

The story on the other hand, ugh!:P;)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
"Live and Let Die" seems to have a pretty good reputation, but I never got into it beyond thinking it's okay. Moore plays Bond at his prissiest - can you imagine Connery in that scene where Bond makes espresso? - it's fairly mediocre overall:

Great theme song though.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
I used to dislike Moonraker a lot, but in recent years have found some things to like about it. It’s a positively beautiful film to look at between the locales and cinematography in general. And combine that with the wonderful music score, I can easily sit and watch it and enjoy myself.

The story on the other hand, ugh!:P;)
Moonraker > Craig bond

Especially in the times we are living.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Moonraker was the second Bond movie I saw; I was also 12. I loved it.

I just showed it to my kids, who are 11. One of them said it is tied with Goldfinger for his favorite.

Most fans' objections to Moonraker stem from the outer space stuff, but that's really only a small portion of the movie. The first 3/4 of the movie is a great spy adventure, with locales never seen in a movie before. (Did you know Moonraker was the first time Iguazu Falls was in a movie?)

I found I still enjoy it.
I don't know why people object to the space stuff. I think the producers did a great job, the space shuttle didn't launch until 1981, and here it was in a Bond film. So many other things to like: locations, Corinne Clery, Michael Lonsdale (had the best line). It is easily my most watched of the series.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Well, one thing's for sure. Audiences didn't care for Timothy Dalton as Bond ..... and who could blame them? That being said, I quite enjoyed The Living Daylights but Licence To Kill is the absolute nadir of the series.
Yeah, I agree. I'm not a fan of James Bond movies and rarely watch them but I did re-watch The Living Daylights a week or so ago. I really enjoyed it. I thought Timothy Dalton was pretty good.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Great theme song though.
Oh, agree 100% there! "Live and Let Die" is easily my favorite Bond theme - perhaps not a shock because McCartney is my favorite artist who's done a Bond theme, but it's still a really good song.

Not sure what my 2nd fave Bond theme would be - probably "View to a Kill".

Madonna is my 2nd fave artist who's done one, but I can't claim to love "Die Another Day" - I like it but don't think it's great.

Same for Garbage. Love that band, but don't love "World Is Not Enough".

The only other artist I like who's done a Bond theme would be Tina Turner - written by 1/2 of U2, a band I do adore. "Goldeneye" is an okay theme.

"Nobody Does It Better" is almost certainly my favorite Bond theme by an artist I don't particularly like. (Nothing against Carly - she's just not my thing.)

Never was a fan of Shirley Bassey! I recognize "Goldfinger" as a classic but I don't actually like it!
:blink:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I agree. I'm not a fan of James Bond movies and rarely watch them but I did re-watch The Living Daylights a week or so ago. I really enjoyed it. I thought Timothy Dalton was pretty good.
I always really liked "License to Kill" and never quite understood why so many hate it:

"Living Daylights" is also good - I thought it was the best Bond since "Thunderball"!

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megabyzus