What's new

BladeRunner Transfer Quality? (1 Viewer)

Todd McF

Second Unit
Sorry, I assumed people were reading the BladeRunner thread in the movies section so I didnt want to dupe it here. Specifically, I'm objecting to the Lucasing of BladeRunner in these specific areas:
LUCASING # 1 :frowning:
About 3 to 7 min of "original" footage will be trimmed and cut to make the edit flow better.
LUCASING # 2 :angry:
New sound design for some of the cars and equipment may be used. Although the original sound is a masterpiece, RS thinks that some of the technology assumptions (i.e. hydro electric power sources) is not in tune with the reality of today - look for some "combustion" in new sounds…
HUGE LUCASING # 3 :angry: :angry: :angry:
Some new background details (flying cars) might be added as well...
Here is the thread:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=36503

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
But I don't think it's fair to call yourself a "purist" in reference to the U.S. Theatrical Version. I'd say you're more of an "archivist." In my opinion, a true "purist" would want to see Ridley's original and uncompromised version of the film -- a version he was never allowed to put together...
Charlie, excellent point. I hadn't articulated that to my own mind but that's exactly right...there's nothing wrong with wanting the original theatrical version made available...but it's not a "purist" issue, it's an "archivst" one. Excellent insight.

-dave

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
Todd...
... please read before posting !
Charlie said:
(And if you cite that ridiculously inaccurate AICN article as your source, shame on you!)
... and you went ahead and did so anyway ! :frowning:
( and, in case you weren't aware, Charlie works for Ridley. )

DannyS

Second Unit
Nice to see charles again! Hope you are well charles!

Anyway, at the end of the day, it's Ridleys baby and I can't wait to see his (can I say this?) FINAL cut of the fim.

Amen to that! :)

John CW

Supporting Actor
Just to even out this discussion I'd like to say that I'd LOVE to see a new version of BladeRunner, I always felt it lacked in certain places but had a lot of potential. I know I'm not alone in this so Charlie: Please don't take one person's internet rant as being reflective of the BR community (even if I'm not in it) -- he's only one guy given a big voice, thanks to the net.

~ John

Todd McF

Second Unit
Look, this is a forum to discuss issues, and AICN raised an issue. If its refuted at the source (Charles) then great, I'll accept that and I'm happy about the future of this DVD. To imply however, that its inappropraite to gossip about DVD news on a DVD forum (you're "little man with a big voice" crap) is pretty damn rediculous.

I think its great that industry professionals post here, but that doesnt mean you have to stroke them and dodge controversy.

To quote a silly sci fi movie:

"your presence invokes Joy Joy feelings in others."

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Back to the topic, I have a certain fondness for the original ending, too--but the various "director's cuts" are better films. I hope the multiple-versions rumors about the SE are true.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks