What's new

Black Sabbath: The Last Supper DVD (1 Viewer)

Kevin Nolan

Stunt Coordinator
This 1999 DVD release touts itself as debuting in the top 10 Billboard music vid charts and being there ever since ( I have not checked)
The sound mix on this DVD sucks no more no less.....the menu mix is more dynamic than the performances of the band (PCM or 5.1). It is nothing more than muddy. Ozzy and the boys deserved much more.
In addition the best performances are interrupted by interviews from band members that should have been a option or better yet saved for a second addition of Behind the Music.
My main complaint is the sound....HELLO EPIC!!! This was probably the last real performance by this band ,IE "The Last Supper".....CONCERT DVDs are by far my favorite reason for the medium. Hey now don't get me wrong I LOVE movies but when I need a REAL escape NOTHING serves me better and RELAXES me more than a excellent performance on screen (yeah I'll take it live anytime FIRST!!!) Hey anyone else see this and was disappointed???

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I had the opportunity to see the REUNION tour when they played Minneapolis - it was a great show! So, naturally I had to have this DVD as soon as it was released. I absolutely hate the fact that the interviews interrupt the performance sequences - who the hell came up with this novel idea?
furious.gif

I do feel the audio quality is more than adequate, however. Perfect? No. Enjoyable? Yes.
Overall, I would still have to recommend this DVD to any fans of Black Sabbath.
icon14.gif

------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Roman Polanski's - The Fearless Vampire Killers?

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
I also think the interviews could have been used better but the the audio is decent. Unless you have a good sub and have it set up correctly, it can be muddy. I spent a lot of time dialing in the phase and volume level of all 3 subs I own and it paid off, especially on this DVD. Sabbath got me through my daily high school homework, back in the day! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks