What's new

Big Lots Sale (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
heads up! thank you!

Got that one from my dollar tree and some other gooduns yesterday!
Stage Fright dvd. Meatloaf horror musical. It's actually pretty good and the main actress is breaktaking to look at, risking dirty old man label here. But I'll stop being a dirty old man when I'm a dead old man to quote Fred Sanford.
Bubble dvd. looks really cool!
Days that shook the world season 2 dvd BBC. looks like In Search Of maybe. They had lots of BBC stuff. Didn't know what to get.
National geographic Migrations blu ray. Looks beautiful! 1080i though.
MST3k The Unearthly dvd
Denis Leary Standup show with different comedians. dvd
My Dollar Tree didn't have any DVDs or blu-rays today. They tend to sell out fast. The last time I was there some lady asked them to hold about 50 that she had picked out while she shopped the rest of the store. Then there's idiot like me who will buy duplicate blu-ray copies for the cases. I've promised myself I won't do that any more.

They had some new dead tree books - mostly novels. But I didn't see anything that I was interested in.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
1607879922007.png

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I doubt anyone on this forum will be interested in this ... but here goes ! ;)
1608347776501.png

Priced $3.00 and lower enjoy ...

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'd not planned to go to BL this weekend, free disc or not, but my wife's been making Hot Chocolate Bombs to sell at a small furniture store where she works part time and was in danger of running out of mini-marshmallows. So... off to BL we go.

I snagged my free disc (the BR of The 5th Wave - one I'd kind of looked at before but rejected. For free I can always reuse the case) and got a BR of I Love Lucy S1 - one I'd looked for the past few times I'd been in the store but didn't find.

So... it was a win all the way around. I got my discs, she got the marshmallows she needed (cleaned them out), added their entire stock of Ghirardelli white chocolate discs just in case (she makes both white and real chocolate versions) as those are harder to find, and snagged a few stocking stuffer candies for the grandkids.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Browsed the electronics last night, but nothing I really needed (mostly headphones, chargers, cords, cases).

Seemed like a few new Blu/DVD titles, but I can't say for sure. I saw The Cloverfield Paradox blu-ray for $5, which I'd never recalled seeing before. My store also had the 3-pack of all the Cloverfield titles on blu for $10, so that's a better deal if you're looking for more than one of those. The only one I had on disc was the first film, so I picked up the 3-pack.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Browsed the electronics last night, but nothing I really needed (mostly headphones, chargers, cords, cases).

Seemed like a few new Blu/DVD titles, but I can't say for sure. I saw The Cloverfield Paradox blu-ray for $5, which I'd never recalled seeing before. My store also had the 3-pack of all the Cloverfield titles on blu for $10, so that's a better deal if you're looking for more than one of those. The only one I had on disc was the first film, so I picked up the 3-pack.
I checked out my closest BL and it looks like there were some re-stocks specifically on individual season blu-rays (House MD Season 6 and NCIS Season 12) and DVDS (Matlock Season) one at $5.00 each,

There were some DVDs priced at $1.88 (I picked up the the Count Yorga movies on a flipper). Several items were similar to those at Hamilton Book with some similar pricing (eg Mork & Mindy Season 1 and separately Season two for $5.00. They had a 3 disc package of Contraband/Savages/Sabotage for $5.00.

I picked up Melrose Place S1-3 for $10.00 the receipt says "MACGYVEPIK S1-4 DVD (which I wish it was) so apparently there was a Macgyver S1-4 pack for $10.00. A couple of $3.00 DVDs including Capturing the Friedmans and Mousehunt.

Three dollar Blu-rays included: White Bird in a Blizzard (Magnolia), Guns, Girls and Gambling (Univeral(, and I am Bruce Lee (from Shout!)

There were several mult-disc set for the various flavors of CSI at mostly $15.00 each.

I did find out that in-store a "We Missed You save $10.00 on any purchase over $20.00" coupon was able to be combined with the 20% discount coupon (a promotion that expired today). Should you receive both promotion offers in the future. Please make a note.

Please note that stock varies by store :cool:.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim

I went to my local BL about a week ago, and was not lucky enough to find the 3-pack of all the Cloverfield films; I like all three, so this would have been a good deal. I did get:

Cloverfield (original film) Blu - $5
Cloverfield Paradox Blu - $5
Kingpin (1996) Blu - $5; very funny & underrated Farrelly Bros. comedy

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I went to my local BL about a week ago, and was not lucky enough to find the 3-pack of all the Cloverfield films; I like all three, so this would have been a good deal. I did get:

Cloverfield (original film) Blu - $5
Cloverfield Paradox Blu - $5
Kingpin (1996) Blu - $5; very funny & underrated Farrelly Bros. comedy
If you didn't use a coupon *and* have Prime it might be worth doing a return on the 2 Cloverfield films as Amazon currently has that 3 pack for $9.96:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
So I went to Big Lots! today and last week and there's good news and bad.

Last week there was a minor re-stocking of some $5.00 blu-rays (eg John Wayne True Grit/Hondo) mostly Paramount and Universal discs. As well there were some more $5.00 DVDs (incuding some season sets eg The Good Wife Season 1 DVD).

This week there was a larger re-stock of some TV show seasons on blu-ray (eg The Office Season 9 and I believe 7) as well as DVD season sets from ViaComCBS/Paramount eg Dexter Season One, My Three Sons Season One volume one and certain volumes of Bonanza etc.

So here's where it gets a bit different and confusing. I'll try and explain it this way - back in the olden days there would be cans of vegetables (eg peas) that would be marked - say $.15 if there was a price increase (say to $.20) the old stock would still be rung up at the $.15 price. Obviously it might be in your best interest to pick the old stock first as the new marked stock would be rung for $.20. Today with UPC codes the stock would ring up at the last price put in the system which would typically be the highest price.

So all of the "new" individual sets are $8.00 even if it is basically a re-stock of an item that is in-stock (which is still marked at the previous price of $5.00). An example in my store would be two different series featuring Andy Griffith, At my BL there are two copies of Matlock Season 1 on DVD. Both $5.00 copies in my store are clearly damaged. There are two new copies of Matlock Season 1 that are currently undamaged but are marked at $8.00.* Also my BL store has copies of The Andy Griffith Show Season 8 on DVD in apparently perfect condition priced at $5.00 each and now there are re-stocks of the same season (as well as others) all at $8.00 each.

In light of this, my strong suggestion would be double-check the media rack for lower-priced copies of the same item(s). In my store the media four way rack was moved from the back of the store near the bakery/bread items to closer to the registers in the row horizontal to the check out lane but at the end near the outdoor furniture.

*It's my understanding that BL will only allow you to get another item of the same price point and not necessarily the same title in the case of damaged disc etc.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I was in my nearby Big Lots! today and it looks like there was a small restock - including about 10 DVD copies of Schindler's' List.

I did pick up another blu-ray copy of Star Trek: Nemesis. I was marked as $.75 on clearance but came up a s $.38. The cashier said she thinks it's because all of their clearance is 50% off (the lowest marked price).

It looks like there were some newer copies of the Harrison Ford Jack Ryan films on blu-ray. Most were $5.00 but one was $3.00.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Hmmm... may have to go by - we *do* need some more corn chips so that can be the excuse. I've not set foot in BL in over a month.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Hmmm... may have to go by - we *do* need some more corn chips so that can be the excuse. I've not set foot in BL in over a month.
Masks are still required and are on clearance but as far a non-disposable ones - they only have kids sizes ...

Also, I make no guarantees as to the availability of products or sales or anything :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks